Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ok excuse my ignorance this is my first time in this forum, I was wondering if anybody knows where I can buy the official toyota service manual for a 2007 Tundra 5.7 V8 Double cab?

Thanks,

Daragh.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sorry, i have only 1200mi on mine. i have not thought about service yet ,i'm still in a state of bliss. but yeah later on i will won't one too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
sorry, i have only 1200mi on mine. i have not thought about service yet ,i'm still in a state of bliss. but yeah later on i will won't one too.
You can order one from Toyota's Technical Information Systems http://techinfo.toyota.com/index.html or 1-800-622-2033. They also have a download subscription service to get not only the Repair Manual but lots of additional documentation. Cost of the subscription is:

Daily $10.00 US
Monthly $50.00 US
Yearly $350.00 US

I just wonder if a day would be enough time to download everything on a single model and would be all we need to get the Repair Manual in .pdf form. Anyone try this?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
deleted

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi All,

Ok excuse my ignorance this is my first time in this forum, I was wondering if anybody knows where I can buy the official toyota service manual for a 2007 Tundra 5.7 V8 Double cab?

Thanks,

Daragh.
I'm not exactly sure what type of manual you're looking for but if you look in the very back of your owners manual (the back page I believe) it gives you a 1800 number that you can call and order some type of service or maintenance manual.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I did a one month for $50 subscription when I bough my Avalon. It is about $200 cheaper than buying the paper manuals. I probably took a total of 8-10 hours of saving and naming PDF files from the database. I think it's a great way to get information without spending a fortune on the books. You also have the option of not downloading a bunch of stuff you will never need (at least I don't think I will ever be personally removing and rebuilding my transmission).

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can order one from Toyota's Technical Information Systems Toyota | Lexus Service Support or 1-800-622-2033. They also have a download subscription service to get not only the Repair Manual but lots of additional documentation. Cost of the subscription is:

Daily $10.00 US
Monthly $50.00 US
Yearly $350.00 US

I just wonder if a day would be enough time to download everything on a single model and would be all we need to get the Repair Manual in .pdf form. Anyone try this?
Hate to quote myself, however several weeks have passed and I am still curious if anyone has used TIS to download the Service Manual or other documents as yet. Read somewhere that maybe the Service Manual is now complete.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have downloaded the service manual, I did it in a day. But, I am still trying to organize it into topics. You basically have no idea what is in the PDF's until you open them up,so you have open them up and organize them into folders of the same topic.
For example, you download folder ES, MI etc., inside each folder is between 5-50 different PDF's, all these need to have titles as you have no idea what a PDF # 1234 is, for that matter you probably don't know what ES means either, unless you are familiar with Toyota's nomenclature.
Once downloaded expect to spent 20 hours or more organizing it into something you can use, I am about 2/3 done and have had it for a month or more.
To me it was worth it, but I have time to put into it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Silly question. Being a subsciber here at TS can you not just download the same manual from the knowledge base? I have downloaded something like what you guys are talking about. A series of PDF's and they would need to be sorted and renamed. So if you are already a subscriber here, why pay somewhere else for the same thing.... Of course maybe they arn't the same thing??? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Silly question. Being a subsciber here at TS can you not just download the same manual from the knowledge base? I have downloaded something like what you guys are talking about. A series of PDF's and they would need to be sorted and renamed. So if you are already a subscriber here, why pay somewhere else for the same thing.... Of course maybe they arn't the same thing??? Any thoughts?
The Service Manual has not been made available here as yet. True, some other great documents are, but not the Service Manual.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ahhh, I took a good look at them and they are diagnostic, and wiring etc. So did we get an answer if the complete manual was available for download from the other site? I would love to have it, and was going to order one, but I would love to download.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Book Manual is much better product than PC File version, friend has one for his 03 and he tells me all the time about stuff that i should be doing that just is not talked about in the PC file version. The manual has more in depth info on step by step procedures from what i understand?

·
Registered Member
2 Posts
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I checked out the link to the Toyota Technical Information Systems. I thought this would be a great way to download manuals in pdf format. Unfotunately the pdf format files are only available for 2005 and older, which can be saved to your computer. 2006 and newer are in a new format that appears to allow you to view and print but not save to your computer.

I called the 800# and asked about the service and it was confirmed that the newer years are not pdf and cannot be downloaded. I asked about the paper manuals and they are $900-$1000 for the complete 7 volume set - too pricey to buy for my personal use!

I have a 2007 Tundra and was disappointed to find that I will not be able to save these files.

Anyone know anything about this? Are there any other solutions available other than buying the manuals? Is there a chance that TundraSolutions would ever purchase the subscriptions to TIS and make it available to those of us who are registered subscribers.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try downloading a free program called "Cute PDF". It installs like another printer option and allows you to save anything you can print as a pdf file.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts