Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Tundra double cab, the left front sensor attached to the caliper or chassis is broke off. My 4 wheel drive is not working nor is the abs. The dealer wants 800.00 to replace this sensor and said it will fix all my problems. This sensor is held on by one hex head bolt, why do they want so much. How much is the part? I know i can fix this my self? I put a 3 " leveling kit and exhaust mods. Help if anyone could answer any of the ? Does anyone know what the part is actually called?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
wheel speed sensor lists for 215.66 sparks can beat that im sure.

should be easy enough to replace. not sure if theres any resetting of stuff to do once the new sensor is there but its worth a try

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just talked to a local mechanic who is friend of the family and he said just put it on! I ll just get it from them in the morning and just assemble it myself! thanks

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Thanks, I just talked to a local mechanic who is friend of the family and he said just put it on! I ll just get it from them in the morning and just assemble it myself! thanks
check ur pm in a sec

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
Is your truck not under warranty anymore? I had torn a boot on one of my cv's and the dealership said i had hit something and it also had knocked one of the sensors loose. Sure enough, I checked it when i got home and it was really loose. Had a lot more play than the other side. I sure hope it holds up?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You are a gentleman and a scholar.. Like me.. :D
I usually follow that comment with "and im a liar and a poor judge of character" :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
As much as I like my Tundra, Toyota is the highest priced company I have ever seen for parts. Kind of remindes me of RV companys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts