Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow tundra owners, I have a question. Last week I purchased a radiant red SR5 DC 2WD with the sport package, as I'm sure all of you know the sport package does not include the towing package and I have an issue. If the sport package doesnt't include the trailer hitch then why does my truck have the wiring plug installed? also I have read somewhere that to add the trailer hitch the bed must be removed to attach the hitch to the frame!! is this true? I'm wanting to get duel exhaust but I'm not sure if I should get this FIRST because I might have to remove the exhaust later to have my hitch installed (buying a boat within 1year). I know, I know, some of you are probably saying "why didnt you buy a tundra that had the tow package already installed." I just fell in love with the look of the sport package and was willing to sacrifice 1,800 extra pounds of towing to have the "sexy" look of the sport package. For me personally, I just dont like chrome grills and bumpers(no offence to anyone).

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
In the SET area the port added hitches do not appear to require removal of the bed; I don't think it uses the forward most frame holes, and the hitch is of course rated lower. The hitch is prob more than heavy enough for the lower rating the truck is given (axle ratios, coolers deleted, etc) I have seen sport models with and without the flat 4 connector w/out port added hitch, and all with hitch installed have had the flat 4 connector added. You will have to add any additional wiring Yourself if You want the 7 blade RV style receptacle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts