Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Tom. I just picked up a 2007 Tundra. I wanted to see if anyone knew of a manufacture that offers a Winch/mounting set up for the new Tundra?? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

-Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help?? 2007 Tundra Winch mounting ??????

:ts: I already posted but no answers =( With all the knowledge flying around I was hoping one or some of you might know about Winch mounting options for the 2007 tundra??

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
1,768 Posts
ARB is coming out with theirs in October 2007 for the 07' Tundra. 280lbs worth of bumper, winch capable , air bag compatible, crush brackets, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This Apache setup from Tough Country looks better than the one with the big brushguard.........It's the one I'm wanting to use sprayed with Red Line-X Xtra, winch mount, and have the 4" round OEM fog lights integrated...

:tu::cool::tu::cool:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Re: 2007 Tundra Winch set up FOR REAR

Here is a pic of my MILEMARKER 9000 Lbs WInch Mounted on the Rear of My 2007 Tundra 4x4. The Ball is being replaced this week for a double ball (1 7/8" and on other side a 2" Ball)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Warn has a front bumper application for the 07 Tundra thats similar to the one they have on the FJ Cruiser not out yet but they told me only a month or so from being ready. The FJ bumper and winch assy really looks good but cost could be an issue but if cost is not ya probably can't beat the Warn Product. i would just go with the reciever hitch mount so ya could go from front to rear and bypass the bumper if i was in need of a winch!

·
Registered
276 Posts
There are a handful of winch mount bumpers available or soon to be available, but they are all way too heavy for my liking.

As time permits I have been working to develop a winch mounting plate to fit between the frame rails behind the factory front bumper. If I do this right all you will need to do it cut the gray plastic part under the bumper to allow the fairlead rollers and cable to stick through.

I do not have a full working model of this yet. When I do I will be happy to publish specs on how to build your own.

Bare with me as I have old persons disease. I am working on this as time permits.

If you have an interest in this type of winch mount I will work this thing out and publish the How-To-Do-It Yourself.

My plan is to mount a 12,500 # Mile Marker Hydraulic winch on the plate. I like being able to pull cable all day long at idle. That said, just about any winch should fit, but I can’t say winch controls could be access for any kind of winch.

Maybe this project will be useful to someone else.

Frank

·
Registered
183 Posts
Absolutely, keep us posted on your progress, maybe open a new thread. Thanks

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

Here is a pic of my MILEMARKER 9000 Lbs WInch Mounted on the Rear of My 2007 Tundra 4x4. The Ball is being replaced this week for a double ball (1 7/8" and on other side a 2" Ball)

How much did that run you?

·
Premium Member
314 Posts

How much did that run you?
Milemarker winch - 4 wheel parts - approx $450
Hidden Hitch Winch Adapter Plate - approx $122

Ordered the winch from 4wheel parts 2 years ago .
Ordered the winch mount adapter from company that closed but just ordered another plate adapter since the one in my pics above is getting ratty and not looking good anymore so I ordered a new mounting plate from realtruck . com for $122 including shipping. and this old one I ll remove and put on my Wrangler TJ with a new winch I ll buy for the jeep.

Down the road of mods for my tundra, I ll add a front mount and a 2nd winch mounting plate and 2nd winch so that I dont need to move the winch from rear to front cause this sucker weighs alot ! and plus im lazy..:p

In my pics above the side bars are bent from idiots on the road driving into the rear of my previous Ford F150 this setup was on in Florida.. To date I have sucessfully ripped off 1 BMW , Crown Vic Taxi , Lexus front Bumpers off these idiots that ran into the rear and locked their front bumper onto my ball. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts