Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am brand new to this forum and i have a 2008 tundra 5.7l. last week my VSC light, Slip indicator, and check engine light all came on, the VSC light is blinking. It seemed fine after i reset the system by unplugging the negative battery cable for 20 minutes. now all the lights came back on two days later and the truck is now over heating and it seems like i am loosing coolant. it looks like coolant was sprayed everywhere. i really could use some help figuring out what the problem is. i am trying to get a hold of a scanner so i can get the codes from the engines computer. but right now im just in a pickle. the water pump was just replaced a year ago at the dealer. I am not sure if it could be a bad thermostat. the fan is running fine on idle and the temp will fluctuate as im driving ( very rapidly from regular temp to almost extreme )

·
Registered
249 Posts
The engine light can go on from being low on coolant. If the radiator is not holding fluid u probably r gonna have to replace it. As for the othe lights did u lift the truck recently or ever? If do u have a lift u probably nd to do a zpc (zero point calibration)

Here is a video to do the zpc

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/#/watch?v=UvtwFVT1Q10

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
751 Posts
Generally dash lights mean there is a problem, and flashing dash lights mean there is a bigger problem. My recommendation is to read the codes, and then decide if you want to 'clear' them by disconnecting the battery, or some other method, and see if they come back on.

In any event, I would park the truck, and locate and repair the coolant leak. Then clean the engine bay, and see if coolant got on any of your electrical connections. That may be the cause of your lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts