Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Camry is finally paid off and of course out of warranty, what recently popped up is a huge surprise.

The entire dashboard appear to be sticky like adhesive or melting in the sun. I feel bad because I originally kept asking my wife what she put on it, I thought she may have sprayed adhesive instead of a cleaner and she swore she didn't. Well after some searching I found that this is a defect in some Camry's. I found this one article from Hawaii:

EXCLUSIVE: Some Toyota Camrys suffer from sticky dashboards - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

And this is the exact problem. Just curious if any others have come across this and action need to be taken. I can't imagine Toyota will just tell me to eat it since its paid off and out of warranty.

·
Registered
324 Posts
in our store, toyota eats the dash, and owner eats the labor, or part of the labor, any good dealer should be able to help you....a word of advice...armor all turns toyota dashes to pudding

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, if she did use armor all , it wasn't a regular thing over the course of five years. I did read about the customer paying for the labor, and I'd be willing to go that route, hope my dealer is aware of this. Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
if they balk, call TMS...it seems to work with my customers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts