Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax SR5 with the offroad package that came with the front tow hooks. I have the silver skid plate (PT212-34070). Long story is I brought my truck in to the dealer for an oil change and a tire rotation. They must have had a new tech on my truck because they removed the driver side tow hook. In addition they put my skid plate back on through the c-clips with self taping bolts vs. the hardware that it is supposed to have. I heard rattling and just assumed with the cold weather change it was my trailer hitch but it was the metal hitting where my tow hook was with the bolts missing that holds the tow hook on and the bracket for part of the skid plate. My service agent has been out with a family emergency for several weeks so I tried to buy many lengths of the M12x1.25 bolts to temporarily remedy the problem.

The problem is there is nothing inside the frame to thread the bolt in to. I took a long pencil and there is nothing in there. How do these bolts attach? Please HELP....

Very frustrated for a month now with this problem, this was Colonial Toyota in Milford, CT.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts