Toyota Tundra Forums banner

2008 headlight adjustment?

22K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  terry mc 
#1 ·
Is there a way to adjust the headlights on 2008s? If so, how?

#2 · (Edited)
Remove the black cap towards the top of the headlight. Underneath it is the adjustment bolt. There's another bolt at the bottom of the headlight. I think the top is the horizontal and the bottom is the vertical adjustment.

EDIT: Found this, this should explain it better. :)
http://tundrageeks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks for the links! I must suck at Google since the first 2 pages of results were showing the how to use the adjuster in the cab of a tundra or first gen sequoias. Anyway, thanks again!

#5 ·
How are you searching? Are you using the search box on this website? Its on any page on this site. Its the white box on the right hand side of the page with the lower case letter g that is googles trademark shape. Type your key words in there and hit the red search button beside it. It will bring up a yellow box that shows a bunch of google adds but scroll just below that and it will show you links just for this site. I typed in headlight adjustment and the link I showed you was the fourth one down. Hope that helps.

#6 ·
so I know how to adjust the headlights, the question is, how do you set them to the right height? i.e. center the beam to 3.5 feet of the ground at 20ft away from a wall? I guess I can drive around and make small adjustments until people stop flashing me? that would be a pain. any advice? Dumb question, get a job?

#7 ·
Youtube and search headlight aiming.

#9 ·
No offense to you but thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. First off you would have to add a huge amount of weight to make any real difference, and secondly, fix the actual problem. That being said, I cant speak for Sequoia but my Tundra has a leveling dial for exactly that reason, I would be surprised if the Sequoia didnt.

#11 ·
OK, I'm an idiot for not getting that one.
What about parking your truck on the street and just have a look for yourself from a distance. Your getting flashed but you dont know which light is the problem so that would tell you pretty quickly which one it is.
This might be a dumb question but does your vehicle have the headlight adjust dial and if yes, are you sure it didnt just get accidentally cranked up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.