Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key fob for my 2008 Sequoia stopped working tonight? My wife said her phone and the fob were in the same pocket??? From what I have researched - there is not a DIY reprogram the fob for the 2008. Am I wrong? If so, shame on you Toyota! If I am wrong - can someone please tell me how. I really do not want to spend $50 at the dealer getting this done, nor do I want to drive and wait for it. I just bought the sequoia 3 weeks ago - it did not include the fob, so part of the deal I made sure they included one and programmed it. I might try to get them to do it again?

Thanks-

Mark

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mark,

This won't answer your question, but have you tried replacing the battery?

Simple things first, and all that...

There should be no issues with a phone and the fob together.

Was she struck by lightning recently? That might mess up the fob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 sequoia, my one key fob is missing ordered another, couldn't get into programming mode. Took to dealer & they couldn't get sequoia into programming mode either. Lightening did strike right by my car and set off the alarm, could this have fried my module? Hoover Toyota wants $753.00 for a new module in order to get sequoia into programming mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking for the programing sequence for my 2008 platinum keyless entry fob as well, any help would be great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Mark, Check with your warranty -if you got the certified platinum warranty it will cover a new fob - I just got one yesterday. My problem is neither of my work now and the dealer cant program it. I had a dealer installed security system put in and intergrated with the car's remote. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mark,

This won't answer your question, but have you tried replacing the battery?

Simple things first, and all that...

There should be no issues with a phone and the fob together.

Was she struck by lightning recently? That might mess up the fob.
Mark - also if you email me I can send you the directions the dealer gave me on reprogramming it after I replaced my battery. I have those.

Tina

[email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went through this awhile back. Check You Tube, lots of approaches. Maybe one will work for you. I could never get my 2002 into program mode, not rs3000 system. I gave up...
Chap

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried several different scenarios from that web site, you tube and forums. Even went to a car alarm/audio shop and they couldn't get their lap top to do the job because my 2002 OBD1 plug was not compatible with their OBD2 plug. Seem if you have the r3500 in my vintage truck you have a better chance. Again, check You Tube. Good Luck! Chap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts