Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article in the St.Louis Post today about the new Lexus LX 570.Is this what the new Sequoia is going to look like or is Toyota doing a redesign on the 4Runner? It comes with the 5.7 liter engine and 6 speed auto transmission.The article said it replaces the LX 470.It has the same wheelbase as the 470,but it's 4 inches longer and an inch wider and has a tow rating of 8500 lbs.If you want to see a small picture and read the article,go to stltoday.com/autos.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I read an article in the St.Louis Post today about the new Lexus LX 570.Is this what the new Sequoia is going to look like or is Toyota doing a redesign on the 4Runner? It comes with the 5.7 liter engine and 6 speed auto transmission.The article said it replaces the LX 470.It has the same wheelbase as the 470,but it's 4 inches longer and an inch wider and has a tow rating of 8500 lbs.If you want to see a small picture and read the article,go to stltoday.com/autos.
The new Land Cruiser will be based on this - most likely not the Sequoia, as the LX570 appears quite small compared to the Sequoia's competition. With gas prices the way they are, I wonder how Toyota sales will fair with a new redesigned fleet of 2.5 ton, 381 hp monsters.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The new Land Cruiser will be based on this - most likely not the Sequoia, as the LX570 appears quite small compared to the Sequoia's competition. With gas prices the way they are, I wonder how Toyota sales will fair with a new redesigned fleet of 2.5 ton, 381 hp monsters.
I think the Sequioa will not do to well. I think the biggest hurdle for the vehicle will be the gas mileage. I think it be very bad for 4.7 litre engine. Also the price will be a bit high if Toyota does what they did wiht 07 Tundra, they will likely have to reduce the price. Finally the interior. I don't know if that interior (Tundra based) warrants a 40-50k SUV.

That being said, towing capactiy will be there as well as the 5.7 and the rear independent suspension and folding 3rd row and what I have heard as swivel second row should be big pluses for this oversized SUV.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My '07 Tundra (5.7 4x4), with less than 1K miles, get's better mileage than my '05 Sequoia 4x4 with 37K. Now we're only talking 1-2 MPG around town but I don't think the new Sequoia with the 5.7/6SP will get worse mileage than the 4.7/5SP or if so, it will be marginal.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the Sequioa will not do to well. I think the biggest hurdle for the vehicle will be the gas mileage. I think it be very bad for 4.7 litre engine. Also the price will be a bit high if Toyota does what they did wiht 07 Tundra, they will likely have to reduce the price. Finally the interior. I don't know if that interior (Tundra based) warrants a 40-50k SUV.

That being said, towing capactiy will be there as well as the 5.7 and the rear independent suspension and folding 3rd row and what I have heard as swivel second row should be big pluses for this oversized SUV.
My 5.7L Tundra gets better mileage than my 2001 4.7L. Advanced technology like variable valve timing and transmission gearing (two overdrives in the 6-speed tranny) yield surprising results. On a recent trip across Texas my 4x4 longbed DCab tundra got 19.5mpg while the 2001 2WD Sequoia got 16mpg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts