Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Sequoia Owners,

Looking for some 411 on a Overhead DVD player for our Sequoia.

1st of all, does anyone have any pics they can share???

2nd, most important, we have the sequoia with no sunroof, well it has this long overhead console. I was looking to replace the long overhead console with the shorter version with Sequoia's the have a sunroof.
- Has anyone done this? If so, what is underneath? I wanted to make sure there is lining underneath there.

Any help would be appreciated to upgrades this Sequoia.

·
Registered
94 Posts
FF, I can't help you with the overhead headliner question, but my '08 Platty has an Advent ADV-45 (IIRC) installed. I have the factory sunroof.

I bought the rig used, and it was there.

If I had my druthers, I would go with the headrest-mounted twin system. That would cut down on the running argument on who watches what.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well the longer console in the tundra has big gaping holes in it if i remember correctly. i know there are some large holes for it to sit flat against the structure when it screwd in place. so replacing it with the shorter one wont work unless you get a new headliner.

i also suggest the headrest DVD players much easier to install, can be had very cheaply (search for budget versions of popular mods in the tundra forum to see mine), two screens, neither kid has to look over towards the center, no one fights over what to watch, they can watch their own, etc. plus mine have the zip up security covers so theres nothing there to easily be seen like a roof mounted dvd unit. plus the roof ones always just block the rearview mirror and dont make any sense to me really.

here, i saved u the trouble of searching for it. :)

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/184791-budget-versions-popular-mods-dvd-lift/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts