Toyota Tundra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Im thinking about new Fuel D576 Assault rims. It's 20x9 with +20mm offset. Factory setting is 20x8 with +60mm so the new rim would be approx. 53mm out. Is it gonna stick out too much/rub or is it ok ? any experinece ? I really like the design of the rim but they offer only +1mm or +20 mm offsets :(
Not enough information - tire size?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Those tires are about the same width, so I'm guessing the 295's (34" diameter) are more likely to rub than the 305s (33.2" diameter). The tire position varies within the wheel well depending on alignment so every truck is different.

Try searching with a string like: 305/55r20 "+20" Tundra

Examples:
https://www.extremecustoms.com/realview-vehicle.php?c=8186&v=1
305/55r20 Bilstein 5100 middle setting will they fit?! - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
Dealership says no problem on tire size 305 55 R20 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
305/55 R20 or 295/60 R20 is what I would prefer.
Good feedback from @MtnClimber.

The +20 will stick out a bit. Can't say for sure how much, but I'd guess in the neighborhood 0.5"+. I have +18 and they stick out just a touch beyond my fender flares, which add width. Also guessing that you'll rub with 34's at that offset. I rubbed (before I had a body mount cut done), with +18. SilverTundraDave runs 35s on +25 and doesn't get any rub, so +25 seems to be the sweet spot.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Custom rock sliders on the way to cleanup this mess...
There is some interesting custom armor shown in this video. See from about minutes 12:30 to 15:35. Custom rock sliders, front bumper, skid plates - even armor for the front lower control arms that I've never seen before on a 2nd Gen.

May be some ideas for rear bumpers here (See 4:35 - 5:45):

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
There is some interesting custom armor shown in this video. See from about minutes 12:30 to 15:35. Custom rock sliders, front bumper, skid plates - even armor for the front lower control arms that I've never seen before on a 2nd Gen.

https://youtu.be/rBbjaYTz7Js

May be some ideas for rear bumpers here (See 4:35 - 5:45):

https://youtu.be/0l4_6hKnID0

Thanks! Loved the Tundra vid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to decide on which rack to get and two of my top options are in this thread :coola:

@n2thewild
- How do you like the Baja Rack? Does it cover the sunroof? How secure does the basket feel on the factory roof rails?

@dworrel - Any regrets dropping the coin on the Gobi Rack? It looks like the best option for my needs, but that is a lot of money to throw down without any real-world feedback.
Been away from this forum for awhile. Regarding the Gobi rack, it is rock solid, looks good, fits well. I had removable cross bars made for mine because I wanted the modularity up top with regards to gear, etc.

It was rather difficult to put a rooftop tent on top due to the low riding cross bars.

I will say that I am surprised how little noise there is with rooftop tent, lights, rack, etc. up top.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dunbar spring inc in phoenix has done a bunch of work for my work trucks and i'v always been really happy with their work, not sure if they do coil springs though

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
@n2thewild Thanks for the inspirational build!
Would the 17 inch rims fit over stock brakes?

The stock answer is that 17” rims do not fit. But, the Tundra TRD wheels are 17”, and as I dug into it deeper with vendors who would really research it (TireRack, Discount Tire, Big O we’re no help at all), I found that most 17” rims have enough clearance on the brakes. I’ll just say, my 17” KMC wheels work just fine. Zero clearance issues, even with gravel flying up in there. Having said all that, there are probably 17” wheels that won’t work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
@n2thewild Was it difficult to plasti-dip the recessed Sequoia letters on the rear nameplate? That looks sharp!

Super easy. Just watch some videos online and you’ll see it’s really straightforward. And if you mess one up, it peels right off and you can redo (we had to do this on one).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
@n2thewild. What’s the trick to etching out the sequoia letters on the back?

I just used a toothpick to gently pull the material on the paint away from the emblem. The “TOYOTA” was the only challenging one. Messed it up the first two times and had to peel it off and start over. For the center of the “A”, I just left the paint in there. You can’t tell unless you look close, but that one was a pain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys still actively running your sequoia's? Picked up my 2013 SR5 last month... Just ordered toytec boss 3" kit, RCI engine, transmission, transfer and gas skid plates! Excited to get the build started!!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts