Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 sequoia 150K miles that I think I want to replace the entire capacity of fluid in the transmission. However, at these miles and its never been serviced how many people would do the entire drain fill .....10-12 quarts. Also has anyone used valvoline max life full synthetic oil? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it was my car I would do the full fluid change and use MaxLife. MaxLife works fine in Toyotas that call for WS. I've personally used it in a '08 4Runner (and multiple older 4Runners and a Sequoia - built before WS existed). That's what I plan on using in my 2nd gen Sequoia when the time comes. In my '01 Sequoia I did a full flush at 160k without any known history of an ATF change (bought it at 150k). That Sequoia made it over 300k before the planetary went out which those transmissions are kind of known for happening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd recommend doing it as 5point9limited posted. I'd also use the Toyota fluid. The MaxLife is probably great but why take a chance? Whenever possible use the OEM recommended parts and fluids. Transmissions are very expensive so why take a chance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts