Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is old stuff, but I found some info that may be useful to those in need.....

I found a picture of the RSE unit being powered on outside the vehicle, presumably being bench tested. If this is accurate, and not fake, it could mean that it can indeed be retained somehow without the crazy stock radio idea (which at the time was genius). But it's now 2021, and someone HAS to know of a way to do it.

Btw, I noticed that if using the maestro, on their website only certain idatalink capable stereos are even capable of retaining the factory rse.

I feel there is a way to power up the unit without some weird data signal. And this picture is providing me with ideas that I myself cannot test......and it's going to eat away at me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm guessing folks on TS can't be bothered even entertaining possibilities anymore? No responses from anyone, ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't understand what kind of response are you expecting.

The pictures you shared show 12V power being provided to the unit. In every single device, even if connected with crazy 48 pin connector you can isolate power in (+) and ground pin, make sort of adapter with paperclips and/or alligators and connect 12V power source to start/test it. In some cases you may need to bridge two or more pins to overrun protection circuits, is a case here than someone clearly spent quite a bit of time over wiring diagrams to figure it out. Once running the movie was probably started using remote or buttons.

That doesn't say anything about functionalities being maintained or the unit being fully functional and working reliably.

Are you looking to install a DVD player, remove it or replace the in-dash system and keep the RSE functionalities?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to keep rse functionality, I want that player to work, but I only want it to work with the built in headphone jacks and a/v inputs that are behind the center console. I don't need it to go through the speaker system or display video on aftermarket Headunit.

And fwiw, I was expecting ANY type of response really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You mention jacks and a/v inputs so I'm assuming you have factory installation in your truck. What is the issue than? Are you replacing the unit? Something doesn't work from the factory?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am
You mention jacks and a/v inputs so I'm assuming you have factory installation in your truck. What is the issue than? Are you replacing the unit? Something doesn't work from the factory?

I am replacing the factory headunit, and want the rear dvd play to still work. I do t care about routing sound to the main system or displaying video on the heading, I just want the rear unit to work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts