Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is April too early to start this thread? We are probably only about 6 to 8 months away from availability. That means we should be seeing some inside information on specs over the next several months. What would the logical progression look like? Slightly different body accents? Longer bed for the Crew Max?

·
Registered
215 Posts
You mentioned accents, I think wheel well moldings and a billit grill would make an excellent addition to the Limited. Also to improve on any bugs that first year owners run into.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I think that a more sport-like edition that replaces the chrome bumper, grille, door handles with body-colors is in order. I think the silver interior accents will be replaced.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the silver interior accents will be replaced.
I sure as he!! hope so. Thats my biggest complaint about the whole truck is the odd silver paited interior accents.

I would also like to see them offer power seat for the bench seats.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I sure as he!! hope so. Thats my biggest complaint about the whole truck is the odd silver paited interior accents.
I bought the DX trim and was glad to see no silver accents. The instrument panel is that much more bearable.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Personally, I think that a more sport-like edition that replaces the chrome bumper, grille, door handles with body-colors is in order. I think the silver interior accents will be replaced.
Replaced with what? Not Plood, I hope, I can't stand it! Maybe a black textured rubbery/plastic piece?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought the DX trim and was glad to see no silver accents. The instrument panel is that much more bearable.
You know for a truck that they nailed the size and funtion on so well, they sure missed the interior and option flexabilty by a mile IMO. Like you loose the hitch if you order a sport, or the fact that you can't get a power seat or leather with a 40/20/40 bench. and No TRD pkg for long beds to name a few. Right now this is one of those trucks that if i really want it I will have buy and build it into what I want, with aftermarket and ultra high dollar OEM parts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I hope they have the audio controls on the steering wheel for all models. :ts:
What model doesn't have audio controls?

My friend told me that SR5 doesn't come with audio controls on the steering wheel.. well, until I pulled up in my SR5 with audio controls on steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
What model doesn't have audio controls?

My friend told me that SR5 doesn't come with audio controls on the steering wheel.. well, until I pulled up in my SR5 with audio controls on steering wheel.
From what I've read (haven't checked IRL) only JBL radios come with the steering wheel controls...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am pretty sure none of the regular cabs have remote audio, even if it is a SR5. I bet its one of those that if you get the buckets you can get the remote audio, but not with the bench seat.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am pretty sure none of the regular cabs have remote audio, even if it is a SR5. I bet its one of those that if you get the buckets you can get the remote audio, but not with the bench seat.
I have bench seats and steering wheel controls.

SR5, 5.7L, 4x4, Doublecab Longbed, Bench seats, JBL, Steering audio controls.. So maybe it is a JBL thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So maybe it is a JBL thing.
I think you might have nailed it. I tried an SR5 DC at my local dealer and it didn't have the steering wheel controls (it did not have the JBL either, if I recall correctly).

I will go back and ask about the JBL package to see if it includes them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A longer bed for the crewmax. Cylinder deactivation. replace the 4.7 liter v8 with a stronger 5.0 liter V8. Remove the silver accent on the dash. A 6.5 liter diesel. Lower the prices. Replace the gated shifter with a straight one

oh and last but not least,start a longterm research development team responsible for hydrogen or hybrid power tundra.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
So is April too early to start this thread? We are probably only about 6 to 8 months away from availability. That means we should be seeing some inside information on specs over the next several months. What would the logical progression look like? Slightly different body accents? Longer bed for the Crew Max?

2008 changes from what I'm told Toyota is going to possibly add on a Power slider On the Double cab it's very similar to the ones found on the 03-06 Limited access cab's....

Toyota is also looking at The engine management system as stated below for better MPG and yes Diesel is going to find it's way in a Tundra sooner or later .Interior changes are following a planned 3 year minor makeover.

Toyota Upcoming Sequoia is also Next stay turned Ill do a full report on that when i see it.4Runner: A re-engineering is planned for 2009
Erik

1 - 20 of 88 Posts