Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Toyota Tundra Starting Issues

Hey guys,

I bought a 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD 5.7L and it was wrecked so I am getting it rebuilt. The truck is almost ready the only issue is it starts up for like a half a sec and shuts off. The person I bought it from did loose the keys so he got new ones made from Toyota and had to get a new Immobilizer module put in that was programmed by the dealer. Could it be the immobilizer not programmed properly or something else? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That is exactly what it sounds like. If the immobilizer does not see the key it will start up and then shut down.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
That is exactly what it sounds like. If the immobilizer does not see the key it will start up and the shut down.
100% correct... easy way to tell is.... look a the security light blinking.. when you put in the key it should stop, right away.. if it doesnt, its a imob issue...

it prob needs to be programmed correctly,, and why did they change the imb ecu? that doesnt do anything if you loose keys... The imb system needs to be whats called "reseed" every master toyota tech will know what that is.. We have all had to do it,, the dealer will prob charge about 2 hours labor to do it,, it takes about that long....

i hope that helps:becky:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts