Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, stupid question, just got a 2008 Limited, and certain parts call for Crewmax or Double cab, none of my paperwork specifies either. How do you tell? I am starting research for my a/v upgrade and just want to make sure I don't order anything wrong. A little info that searches have brought up, I have a power sunroof, the back seats, the bottom folds up instead of the top down, can I still use the JL stealth box behind there? Bed is just about 6ft long..

Thanks for any help..

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Ok, stupid question, just got a 2008 Limited, and certain parts call for Crewmax or Double cab, none of my paperwork specifies either. How do you tell? I am starting research for my a/v upgrade and just want to make sure I don't order anything wrong. A little info that searches have brought up, I have a power sunroof, the back seats, the bottom folds up instead of the top down, can I still use the JL stealth box behind there? Bed is just about 6ft long..

Thanks for any help..

Chuck
If the seats fold up, it's a doublecab. If they recline it's a crewmax.
You can also tell from the rear door handles. The DC handles are vertical, the CM handles are horizontal.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you have a 5.5 foot bed, its the crewmax. If you have the 6.5 foot bed, its a double cab. It should be fairly easy to know which you have, the crewmax is ridiculously huge and you would know right away. My guess is that you have the double cab and 6.5 bed, because the seats fold up and you would know if it was a crewmax.

I doubt you'll fit any box behind the seat, your best bet is underneath the seat. Search for a thread by me in the audio forum. I have a JL Audio 8w3v3 sub in a very small ported box and it hits very nice. There are some other threads about fitting multiple subs in the back, but they take a LOT of room and cost a pretty penny. For the money, I don't think there is a better sub for the double cab then the JL Audio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I must have the double cab, which helps in my quest for the audio system parts. I do have the JBL system, seems like a waste to remove but want the Nav and such from a good unit.

Spoon, that helps on the box, it seems like the JL audio stealth box may fit behind the seat or under. All I know JL speakers in the stealth boxes always seem to be very well matched and sound great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts