Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my 5th toyota truck and wishing I had stopped at 4 (2006 Tundra dbl cab). The 2008 Tundra is a POS!. :boom:

1. Windshield fire from a crack, Toyota says its not their fault that the heated windshield shorted.

2. Radio has been on the fritz for 6+ months, finally got it to do it when I could get by a dealer and now they say it will be 6-8 weeks as there is a rush on them. Toyota wouldn't take my word or a video that there was an issue.

3. Fuel economy when towing is worse than the 4.7L V8. I bought the new truck with the 5.7 figuring I would get at least 10mpg towing, I'm lucky to get 7 :eek: which is worse than the old 2006.

4. Interior feels like a cheep GM product. Can you say plastic.

If you are going to tow anything of decent size buy a used american vehicle and save your money for playing. If you are just looking for a truck buy the Honda. Toyota has obviously outgrown their britches and can't control the quality like they used to.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I am on my 5th toyota truck and wishing I had stopped at 4 (2006 Tundra dbl cab). The 2008 Tundra is a POS!. :boom:

1. Windshield fire from a crack, Toyota says its not their fault that the heated windshield shorted.

2. Radio has been on the fritz for 6+ months, finally got it to do it when I could get by a dealer and now they say it will be 6-8 weeks as there is a rush on them. Toyota wouldn't take my word or a video that there was an issue.

3. Fuel economy when towing is worse than the 4.7L V8. I bought the new truck with the 5.7 figuring I would get at least 10mpg towing, I'm lucky to get 7 :eek: which is worse than the old 2006.

4. Interior feels like a cheep GM product. Can you say plastic.

If you are going to tow anything of decent size buy a used american vehicle and save your money for playing. If you are just looking for a truck buy the Honda. Toyota has obviously outgrown their britches and can't control the quality like they used to.:mad::mad::mad:
I'd drag you out of the ditch anyday and lecture you but I'll do this with some civility.

First off, never say that Toyota doesn't know their stuff. They have had experience, and way more experience than their customers in designing for a market. I'd challenge you any day to go to Toyota and see if you can make it out alive after trying to rationalize with them because you cannot rationalize with a truck manufacturer to solve your problems.

Besides, The Tundra -IS- a good tow vehicle as long as you have the 5.7 with tow package, use your head please if you will and responsibly buy the right accessories. The Honda isn't fit for towing, (seeing how this is a Toyota forum) and I'd kick their tires any day.

Finally, keep your big shoe out of the accelerator pedal and you'll get better gas mileage - image a small egg under your right shoe... thats how I'd put it at.

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
433 Posts
LOL,OMG,this is your first time in the online world?:horn:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Well guys, seeing as he's been on the forum since January of this year, I would say either a clever troll or he's being honest.

I'd say he's being honest. The interior is a POS, and I will agree. Tow vehicle it seems fine. Gas mileage is going to suck either way. Ford/Chevy/Dodge aren't going to get any better gas mileage and they sure aren't gonna pull your trailer to speed as fast.

With that said, I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

-rockstate

·
Registered
195 Posts
New vehicles have been known to require dealer assistance in correcting faults. That's where most customers experience frustration. Perhaps the OP is unhappy with the assistance he seems to be not getting.

No excuse to kick the entire truck line to the curb, though. My $.02......

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
someone sure is mature today arent they? troll.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
If you are PO'ed at your vehicle, then why not try to wreck havoc. The GM radio in the truck is crap. The inside plastic is almost as cheap as GM. It almost get as bad gas mileage as the american trucks if you beat it.
I had my radio replaced without proving it to the dealer, must be you are not persuasive enough.
Cannot think driving around after you broke the windshield would be a toyota problem.
I hope you feel better and either realize no truck is perfect or that you would be better suited with another vehicle

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Well I will say that I worked for Chrysler Fi Servs for 12 years & drove NOTHING but Jeeps & Dodges but now there is NO Way in Hell that I would get out of the 4Runner or the Tacoma or the wifes TC. Oil Changes, Brakes, New Wippers & Tires...I Love Toyota & If I could get a Job with them in Jacksonville, FL I would & yes I sent them a resume!!!!!!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Well, this is going no where fast.
Good luck pitrider, there are many dealers in OR, I suggest you find a new one.
:closed_2:

·
Forum Admin
8,219 Posts
It's probably not a good idea to troll post with your email address as your username...
HA HA HA :first:

(free admin bump)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.