Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It used to always start almost instantly but lately has been taking a little while to kick over and once it does it takes a second to clear it's throat and rev up. Doesn't matter if it is hot or cold. Once it revs up it runs like a top as it has always done. Once in a while it will just crank and crank and not start. So far it has eventually started on the second try. Any ideas? Since it runs great once running I am thinking it is something simple. Maybe a vacuum leak?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try cycling the key to on without starting and then to off after about three seconds. Do this three times and then on the fourth cycle try starting it and see if that makes a difference. My bet is your fuel pump is bleeding pressure back to the tank. Unfortunately the fix would be a new fuel pump if that is the case.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try cycling the key to on without starting and then to off after about three seconds. Do this three times and then on the fourth cycle try starting it and see if that makes a difference. My bet is your fuel pump is bleeding pressure back to the tank. Unfortunately the fix would be a new fuel pump if that is the case.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, that seems to be the case. If I turn the key but don't crank for 10 seconds it fires right up. Time to start researching how to replace a fuel pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts