Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've tried searching (trust me, I hate asking a question that already has been answered) but I can't seem to find anything related to my issue.

Truck: 2010 Tundra, 4.6L V8, Tow Package, Double Cab, <800 miles on the truck.

Problem: When I first get in the truck and start driving, I barely push on the gas pedal and the RPM's jump up to 4-5K before shifting into second. I'll be at a stop sign, and tap the gas, and I lunge forward. Makes for an interesting drive out of the neighborhood, as I hardly hit the gas and I'm racing at 4-5K RPM's. This happens either in cold or hot weather. It's almost like the tranny doesn't know what gear it should be in, and leaves it in first when it should be in second. After a few miles on the road, everything returns to normal and runs fine. Push on the gas, and it goes like it should.

Question: Is it normal for the transmission to act like this before warming up? Or do I have a larger problem on my hands? Anybody else experiencing problems like this?

Again, I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed in depth on a prior thread. If so, please point me in that direction so I can figure out what's going on.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that calms my worries a bunch. I guess it's a quirk i have to get used too. Never driven a truck that had this situation. Is this only on tundras with the tow package?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 V6 400 and when I slow down to turn. It jump from 4th to 1st and then with a hi RPM when I
am turning .After turn it go to 2nd 3rd and so on. Weather it cold or hot and it been doing this from the very first day. Took it back too have it check. They did not fine anything wrong after they did a test drive. I don't
thank they did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts