Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This my first post and I have an issue with my 2010. I picked up the truck in mid January and three days later while I was driving on the highway I lost all ability to accelerate over 50km/h (30mph). Engine was running, everything was powered but there was no go. It felt as if the truck was running on a single cylinder or something. As it turns out i was not far from the dealership and limped my way there. (There were a few pissed off folks behind me).

They took it right in. They received multiple codes and we "shocked" that a Tundra would have any problems, especially one as serious as this. They didn't know what the problem was and said they needed a few days.

Long story short, they blamed it on a wiring harness that was "pinched" in the factory while the engine was being put it. I was told engineers and techs across North America were looking into the problem for me. They received and installed a new harness but this did not solve the problem, they needed a 2nd harness which would take a month to get from the factory. They "soldered" the wires together (I was told this, I did not see this) and returned the truck to me. It seems to be working fine. I get the new harness on March 1st. Could this have anything to do with the drive-by-wire issues and are just telling me "pinched" wire?

Has anyone heard anything similar to this in a 2010?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Hello all,

This my first post and I have an issue with my 2010. I picked up the truck in mid January and three days later while I was driving on the highway I lost all ability to accelerate over 50km/h (30mph). Engine was running, everything was powered but there was no go. It felt as if the truck was running on a single cylinder or something. As it turns out i was not far from the dealership and limped my way there. (There were a few pissed off folks behind me).

They took it right in. They received multiple codes and we "shocked" that a Tundra would have any problems, especially one as serious as this. They didn't know what the problem was and said they needed a few days.

Long story short, they blamed it on a wiring harness that was "pinched" in the factory while the engine was being put it. I was told engineers and techs across North America were looking into the problem for me. They received and installed a new harness but this did not solve the problem, they needed a 2nd harness which would take a month to get from the factory. They "soldered" the wires together (I was told this, I did not see this) and returned the truck to me. It seems to be working fine. I get the new harness on March 1st. Could this have anything to do with the drive-by-wire issues and are just telling me "pinched" wire?

Has anyone heard anything similar to this in a 2010?

Thoughts?
no. just a fluke. glad its fixed and enjoy the truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts