Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of reading on here - but wanted to run a question by the pros -

I've been looking at the Forest River Work and Play - 26' http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22.asp?location=rv&unittype=&page=floorviewertt&model=DB&choice=worknp&nav=rec&name=1156&series=WnPStdTT - are the weight and specifications in the zone to be towed safely by my 2010 Crewmax with the 5.7 and towing package? I'm thinking no - but I'm also not 100% sure. I doubt I would ever load the unit to maximum as far as cargo goes...maybe 2000 lbs or less in cargo area.

Thanks for your help!

Quick specs for those looking - 26' length - hitch weight - 1065 - total trailer - 7196 - gvwr - 13065

·
Registered
44 Posts
FWIW, I looked at those and decided the Tundra could pull it. You would just need to make sure you never fully loaded it to that max weight. I'm sure you will get a lot more experienced opinions but since I figured you would have at least 2000lbs of payload capacity and 500lbs of vehicle weight I figured it was possible with WDH/anti-sway, better tires, and airbags. I ended up going a bit lighter as a deal fell into my lap and the wife wasn't a big fan of the Work and Play series though I really liked them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts