I saw this on the local news today.

Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
TOYOTA / TUNDRA 2010
Manufacturer: TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC. Mfr's Report Date: MAR 09, 2010
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V091000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY:AXLE SHAFT
Potential Number of Units Affected: 2
Summary:
TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 TUNDRA VEHICLES WITH FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT AN IMPROPER WELD EXISTS AT THE UNION OF THE PROPELLER SHAFT AND YOKE. DUE TO THIS IMPROPER WELD, THIS JOINT MAY SEPARATE AND THE SEPARATED SHAFT MAY COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE ROAD SURFACE.
Consequence:
THIS MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FRONT PROPELLER SHAFT FREE OR CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MARCH 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-800-331-4331.
Notes:
OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

I love my truck and im not affected...but wanted to make light of it!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im only assuming that the owners of the effected vehicles will be notified. I probably shouldnt have started this thread. I felt that it should be brought up!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I wonder if the two effected owners are on this board :D

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would the local news here in San Antonio, do a story on a recall that affects only TWO vehicles? Because they are built here? Because of all the HYPE? Im not understanding this one AT ALL !!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I had to call and set up service for my truck so I asked the service manager about the driveshaft, he told me there was no recall, it only affected a handful of "Tacoma's" so I don't know what to think. I'm just gonna ride it till the wheels fall off, which at this rate could be sooner than later.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Are you one of the two? Tundra Recall

Talk about a small recall... just two trucks are being recalled... details here.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Re: Are you one of the two? Tundra Recall

That was a Saturday - one of the welders must have been hung over from a party Friday night. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Are you one of the two? Tundra Recall

Does anyone know the VIN numbers? I just got my Tundra a little over a week ago. It would be just my luck!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes, I'm glad to see a recall even if it affects only two trucks. I'm tired of manufacturers having "silent recalls" or issuing TSBs when a true recall is more appropriate... or waiting years to admit there is a real problem. It takes too long for us customers to know about a manufacturing flaw.

Besides, I'm sure this is not the last time a hung-over welder will show up for work!

·
Registered
25 Posts
They had to issue a recall so the government wouldn't hold Congressional hearings about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts