Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So originally I was going to purchase a 2010 limited/platinum grill with the install kit from sparks and have the shell stripped and painted to match my truck. I have since then found out that the platinum and limited's have an insert in them so I was wondering if it would be possible to buy a 2010 sport grill (cheaper than the all chrome version) and add the platinum insert?

·
Registered
50 Posts
m1colombo has done what you're talking about but he started out with the platinum grill and added a color matched surround piece. So it is possible and it looks great:​

If you don't already have a platinum grill then you'd have to buy a platinum grill and a color matched grill. It'd probably be cheaper to buy the platinum one and take it to a paint shop to have the surround portion color matched.​

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shoot well either way its gonna cost a pretty penny

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
He already said he is going to buy the installation kit for converting to 2010 grille...

You can just buy the Limited grille, but it may be difficult to find someone that will paint chrome. The grille should be easier than a bumper, but for some painters, it's not worth the extra prep. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts