Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! Newbie here who finally decided to join up after seeing many posts and searching for a Toyota Tundra for a little bit now, just waiting for the right time to buy.

I was on the Toyota web site looking to build a truck, but it wouldn't allow for the blue streak metallic on the limited crewmax? Does anyone know why or a way around this? The option is available on older models, but not the 2010?

I am in the market for a 2007-2008 to buy, 2010 to lease, then buy after the lease is up.

Thanks for reading and your assistance,

David from MI

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was able to build a 2010 Crewmax Limited in Blue Streak Metallic using my zip code (NJ). It's probably not an option in your area. You may want to use a zip code about 50 to 100 miles away.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're absolutley right. I tried Detroit which is a couple hours away and still not the color option. Then I used a NJ zip code as you said worked, and poof, there it was.

I wonder why that is? Perhaps the location of the nearest Tundra plant and the options that plant can offer?

Thanks for the assistance!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I think they create packages/options they think people want to buy by region. Too bad, because I bet quite a few folks would like to buy a SAP regular cab 5.7L in the Northeast, 2WD or no 2WD.

Toyota of Turnersville has (had?) one on their lot. Not sure if they will dealer trade though, buying there was a horrible experience for me, and I buy a TON of cars. So that's pretty bad.

Their service department is excellent, though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You're absolutley right. I tried Detroit which is a couple hours away and still not the color option. Then I used a NJ zip code as you said worked, and poof, there it was.

I wonder why that is? Perhaps the location of the nearest Tundra plant and the options that plant can offer?

Thanks for the assistance!
Difficult question to answer. Only Toyota knows why certain options and colors are only available in some regions and not others.

If you like the Blue Streak Metallic and it's not available in MI, ask your local dealer to search for one in the NY-NJ & PA region. They can pull up every available truck in this area and also what's coming into dealers & the options each truck has.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
It might be worth a trip to Erie or Pittsburgh to get what you want.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good luck on your purchase. I would caution you though to really look at the numbers if you lease one and plan on buying after it is up. You are going to end up paying a lot more $$ in the long run for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts