Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Sequoia Ltd with factory Nav. Graphite interior. Shiny finish on curved upper frame of Nav unit is a constant source of sun glare when driving East or Southeast during the afternoon. Any ideas for getting rid of the shiny reflections without making it look trashy would be appreciated. Much prefer not to have to take the unit out to do it.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Tint the side windows?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Kenwood 9140 nav receiver in my Sequoia LTD. and even though the scereen is adjustable to 6 different angles/positions I still get a glare at times. Most noticable when the sunroof shade is open. My Sequoia has the privacy glass so I can't imagine how bad it would be otherwise. It's not a big issue but it is there. Mine is the screen not the shiney trim stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sunlight causing the reflection is coming through the windshield. Visors can't help either until the sun gets further behind. Only things I can think of so far include hanging some cloth over it, or taking out the unit and sanding and/or painting the trim flat black.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what you could do. My solution is just to realize that it's only for a few hours a day and it's fine at night.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts