Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Here is finally some pics of my 2010 Sequoia Platinum.

360 Forged sponsors a couple other vehicles of mine and they made me a set of wheels to go on my daily driver. I think they came out great and compliment the car well without being too much. They are a 22" straight 10 model.

The lights were sent off the Caesar at Lightwerks for a Lexus retrofit. I had the shrouds painted the factory color so that it would all blend in and not stand out too much. I am very very very happy with the way it came out and the light output is AMAZING. I know they are pricey but I could not imagine going back to the factory lighting system.

When I bought the SUV I had the dealership install TRD big brake upgrade and also a TRD Intake.

I also had the tailights tinted.

There are some interior modifications, full LED lighting package. Some pioneer audio upgrades have been put in place also and I will post pics of that when I get a moment.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Very very nice, glad to see you liked my idea of hiding the side reflector, it really cleans it up a lot by not having that huge amber piece. Did you get the LS460 bi-xenon or just low beam?

A few things I've done that might look good on yours;
B&I rear SEQUOIA inserts painted to match the body color
Debadge all around
Painting the B pillars to match the body color
Painting the upper grill insert, lower grill and foglight bezels body color

Anymore info as to who and how the taillights were matched? Night pictures of both headlights and taillights would be great.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Very very nice, glad to see you liked my idea of hiding the side reflector, it really cleans it up a lot by not having that huge amber piece. Did you get the LS460 bi-xenon or just low beam?

Debadge all around
Painting the B pillars to match the body color<----------

Anymore info as to who and how the taillights were matched? Night pictures of both headlights and taillights would be great.
b pillars are already painted body color. just hidden under black peel off tape. that should be easy enuf.

truck looks good, really diggin the color on it. heck, even the hitch looks great hahaha

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I looked at forged wheels when I couldn't find anything I liked premade in cast, but I wasn't sure 1) about the cost for a vehicle that I'm not looking for weight savings, and 2) the overall look, since the Sequoia isn't a sweet Euro SUV like Range Rover, Cayenne, etc. But those work out pretty well with the higher number of decent-sized spokes. Like the color choice too, goes well with the vehicle. I think I would have considered colormatching the face and flange to the body since you did the headlights.

I agree with JMS, you need to paint the stuff on the front end - Toyota leaves us with too many colors going on! I wouldn't body color it though, I'd match the lower body pieces to that nice color in the upper grille. Will flow nicely into the skid plate too, and not be too much white. With white, you have to be careful about color matching too much!

Hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but that pinstripe really does a good job of breaking up the entire look of your vehicle. It looks really good and clean, and then the eye is distracted by that stripe...JMO of course.

·
Yamahauler
690 Posts
omg that thing is sick!!!! ive never seen someone color match the headlights, and i think the effect is AMAZING! also the wheels blend in really well with the car too. if you dont mind my asking, how much was the trd big brake kit?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I think that you did great job matching. Only changes I would make: change mirror covers and grill to white

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Debadge all around
Painting the B pillars to match the body color

I told caesar that i wanted my headlights to be just like yours except a different color shroud.

I have a paint and body guy who does all my paint work and he smoked the tails for me, they are not tinted. He can basically go any darkness you want and I went as dark as I could while seeing a slight amount of red, I did not want it too black

I looked at forged wheels when I couldn't find anything I liked premade in cast, but I wasn't sure 1) about the cost for a vehicle that I'm not looking for weight savings, and 2) the overall look, since the Sequoia isn't a sweet Euro SUV like Range Rover, Cayenne, etc. But those work out pretty well with the higher number of decent-sized spokes. Like the color choice too, goes well with the vehicle. I think I would have considered colormatching the face and flange to the body since you did the headlights.

I agree with JMS, you need to paint the stuff on the front end - Toyota leaves us with too many colors going on! I wouldn't body color it though, I'd match the lower body pieces to that nice color in the upper grille. Will flow nicely into the skid plate too, and not be too much white. With white, you have to be careful about color matching too much!

Hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but that pinstripe really does a good job of breaking up the entire look of your vehicle. It looks really good and clean, and then the eye is distracted by that stripe...JMO of course.
Thanks for the compliments.

The only thing I do not understand with what you said and this is not an insult BTW is about this not being a sweet euro SUV. I have had a 4.8is X5 and my mum currently has a Supercharged Range Rover. I think this SUV is every bit as nice as the euro SUV, the only thing I can complain about is it being a bit plastic inside but besides that I think it is amazing and blows away the BMW i had.

omg that thing is sick!!!! ive never seen someone color match the headlights, and i think the effect is AMAZING! also the wheels blend in really well with the car too. if you dont mind my asking, how much was the trd big brake kit?
I cant quite remember the cost on the brakes I am pretty sure they were under 3k installed. I had the dealer do it when I bought the car.

I think that you did great job matching. Only changes I would make: change mirror covers and grill to white
I agree with everyones comments about painting the grill etc and I think I will being having everything color matched soon as well as a corsa exhaust.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.

The only thing I do not understand with what you said and this is not an insult BTW is about this not being a sweet euro SUV. I have had a 4.8is X5 and my mum currently has a Supercharged Range Rover. I think this SUV is every bit as nice as the euro SUV, the only thing I can complain about is it being a bit plastic inside but besides that I think it is amazing and blows away the BMW i had.

I agree with everyones comments about painting the grill etc and I think I will being having everything color matched soon as well as a corsa exhaust.
No offense taken! I absolutely love my Sequoia and the Tundra I had before that, but I've always felt like there is a distinct difference between Japanese cars and European cars.

Keep in mind I've never actually owned a Euro car, and that's because I keep buying Japanese for the reliability, resale, and value. I am a bit nervous to step outside what has worked for us in the past. But I feel like they don't have the passion and style that a BMW, Audi, etc have. Just my personal opinion, so take it for what it's worth (especially on a Toyota forum, lol) :crazy3d:

I think that Japanese vehicles are just more...I don't know, "sterile" when compared to Euro cars. To me, European cars just have a different flavor and personality. I love my Acura TL with 6 speed manual and AWD, but when I compare it to an S4 - they are just very different in nature. I agree that the Sequoia is way too plasticky inside...it's sad when a 3 year old V6 Toureg has nicer interior materials :rolleyes:

Sorry for taking you off on that tangent - can't wait to see when the grille is painted!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
No offense taken! I absolutely love my Sequoia and the Tundra I had before that, but I've always felt like there is a distinct difference between Japanese cars and European cars.

Keep in mind I've never actually owned a Euro car, and that's because I keep buying Japanese for the reliability, resale, and value. I am a bit nervous to step outside what has worked for us in the past. But I feel like they don't have the passion and style that a BMW, Audi, etc have. Just my personal opinion, so take it for what it's worth (especially on a Toyota forum, lol) :crazy3d:

I think that Japanese vehicles are just more...I don't know, "sterile" when compared to Euro cars. To me, European cars just have a different flavor and personality. I love my Acura TL with 6 speed manual and AWD, but when I compare it to an S4 - they are just very different in nature. I agree that the Sequoia is way too plasticky inside...it's sad when a 3 year old V6 Toureg has nicer interior materials :rolleyes:

Sorry for taking you off on that tangent - can't wait to see when the grille is painted!
third, i know what u are saying...even though our benz is the entry level benz, theres nothing like the german feeling at all. just the touch, the buttons, the everything, plus the handling and driving...i cant imagine how it would be if we actually had a german performance oriented car instead of just the little baby benz with brembo brakes and tight suspension haha.
but then again, these "japanese" trucks are kinda american now.... i'd love to have a S/C range rover for the wife...but i cant afford one haha. the one thing euros do well though is cost more to maintain. even with the extended service intervals they still cost. ive never had a car i had to replace brake pads on at 40k miles...but this one threw a brake pad wear message and demanded new pads already...

oops. i got off topic.

back to topic, still a sweet ride.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
another suggestion...and dont shoot me for making it, but instead of color matching the chrome grille and stuff, wonder how one could copy Ford with their platinum F150....not chrome and shiny...i think it would look awesome on your sequioa in that color with those rims

i think it would make it look super classy (not that it doesnt already)

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts

Jonathan
Those are great vehicles, but...

third, i know what u are saying...even though our benz is the entry level benz, theres nothing like the german feeling at all. just the touch, the buttons, the everything, plus the handling and driving...i cant imagine how it would be if we actually had a german performance oriented car instead of just the little baby benz with brembo brakes and tight suspension haha.
but then again, these "japanese" trucks are kinda american now.... i'd love to have a S/C range rover for the wife...but i cant afford one haha. the one thing euros do well though is cost more to maintain. even with the extended service intervals they still cost. ive never had a car i had to replace brake pads on at 40k miles...but this one threw a brake pad wear message and demanded new pads already...

oops. i got off topic.

back to topic, still a sweet ride.
I used to be nothing bu EURO guy. Back in the days I had understanding, if you could buy Euro Car/SUV almost for same money as Jap vehicle, why people keep buying Jap vehicles. I had BMW 3, 5, 7 series, Still have 2004 E320 wagon, not too long time ago sold Audi A6. Believe me, they are great vehicles when they are new. As soon as they (euro vehicles) hit 100+k miles, its hard to sell them, and they require a lot of expansive maintenance.

Even thou a Jap vehicles going trough some trouble now days. I still would buy one. I think they have way better chance in resale value then any of those Euro vehicles. For some reason, I think GM vehicles made better then BMW and MB (I never liked VW and anything made by VW except Porsche)

·
Registered
53 Posts
How hard is it to remove the headlights? Do you have a link or is it pretty intuitive that a weekend DIY-er can do it without instructions?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
How hard is it to remove the headlights? Do you have a link or is it pretty intuitive that a weekend DIY-er can do it without instructions?
30 minute job (taking your time).

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
There are tons of instructions in the Tundra forum with pictures. Only difference are the useless headlight washers. Need to be very careful when removing the pieces under the lights as you can break the washer actuator.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Supramn how much were those wheels? where did u buy them from?
360 Forged, not sure what the retail is on them as I have a different pricing structure that I cannot disclose

30 minute job (taking your time).
There are tons of instructions in the Tundra forum with pictures. Only difference are the useless headlight washers. Need to be very careful when removing the pieces under the lights as you can break the washer actuator.
It is not hard at all. First time for me was a pain as i was afraid to break things. After taking them out the first time I can have both headlights out in under 10 mins and I am not the most mechanically minded person.

Like the others said just be careful with the lights, the hardest part is taking out the plastic piece under the headlight where the washer fixture sits, after that it is cake.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a question for you guys though. I am having a really hard time doing my aim on these lights. I can only seem to find one hex screw for adjustment at the top of the light and it does not seem to adjust anything when i screw either light. Is this one for horizontal or vertical adjustment. Where is the vertical adjustment. Can someone post a pic.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
The top hex screw adjusts left to right, and the bottom one (look down at the back of the light, you'll see it) adjusts up and down. If you want to see them up close, look at the Lightwerkz gallery. That's what I did.

I can't get mine just right either. I'm really picky when it comes to these since I have a car with OEM HIDs. I've given up for the time being out of frustration.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts