Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Locally I am told that no one makes a replacement oil filter for the 2010 RAV4 4cyl and was wondering if this was true. I was further told the oil filter is $24 from Toyota which seems incredibly high. I wanted to change the oil in the next day or so but we live a long ways from the Toyota dealer and cant really get there anytime soon so I was going to use something from the local auto parts. Any help would be great, THANKS

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Online AutoZone shows a filter for 2010 RAV 4, 2.5 Liter 4 cylinder, Brand Mobil, P/N M1C-251. Does not list a price.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Changed the oil on my 2010 Rav4 v6 this past weekend. Must say it was a real experience. They do not use a cartridge filter. It is just a filter that goes into a permanent chamber. Draining the oil, is the same, but removing the filter is different. You remove the screw, then insert this device that comes with the replacement filter to drain the oil from the filter chamber. Then you use a special Toyota tool (sort of like a filter wrench) to remove the filter casing. Then replace the filter and O-rings, then reinstall. If you are lucky, the entire casing will come off when you remove the screw, like mine did. All in all, it wasn't too bad. Now I'm ready for next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts