Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a new Sequoia Platinum, love it!
We traded in our 2007 Lexus GX470, which was a great car as well but did not have the towing capacity we need.
I should have done some additional research on the Sequoia drive set-up, but I didn't. Our GX had either the all wheel drive option or manually pull it into 4 wd lo or hi. The Sequoia is in either 2x4 with traction control or 4x4 (no driving on dry pavement). So when it's in 4x4 mode this is the same as a F350 I had when I got out and locked up the hubs? The only difference is, I do it from inside the truck? The manual tells you to drive in 4X4 mode once in a while to keep everything upfront lubricated. I don't believe it states that you must not do this on dry roads. The road to our house is not paved, gravel, so I put it in 4x4 mode and everything was good until I started up our paved driveway, immediatly I felt it grabbing and stopped driving right away and switched back to 2x4.
If someone could give me some direction how to best use this set-up, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Your 4x4 is shift on the fly, no need to get out and lock the hubs anymore. The 4x4 isn't as good, but its a whole lot less hassle in the mud or snow! You should have no problem what so ever driving in 4x4 on gravel. I do it everytime I visit my parents. Not sure about the grabbing feeling you are having. Also, I know some people have said its okay to put it in 4x4 while driving straight on pavement if you have no other way to use 4x4 in the summer. I'm not too sure how I feel about that, theoritically it might work, but I just feel really weird about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts