Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're considering the purchase of a 2010 27' Airstream TT. The dry wt is 6525lbs with a 9000lb max. We do not want a pick up truck because it would need to be our daily driver, which will not work at all. It's between the Sequoia Platinum and maybe a Suburban 2500LT. The down side with the Suburban is it's a very long vehicle and does have the techy stuff like the Toyota. The up side is the 9600lb towing capacity.

Please let me know any real life experience's you've had towing with the 2008 and up Sequoia's. :wallbang:

Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I saw several sequoia's at Disney's Ft. Wilderness with similar sized trailers. Almost did the same thing myself. I personally don't think you'll have a problem since I towed a 27ft trailer with a Tacoma before getting the Tundra. 27ft is not much to manager for the shorter wheelbase of the sequoia and it is well within the tow limits.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
You wont have any problems with that setup. I tow an outback 32bhds thats actually 35' 1" long and I weighed it loaded just before a camping trip and it was 8473 lbs. Sequoia pulls it with no pulling or sway problems. Actually there is one problem, trying to keep your speed down to save gas. As much as I try to stay at 65 or less, I always find the needle creeping past 70. Search the forum and you will see mine and others towing heavy with the sequoia. One thread that comes to mind is the 'just bought a sequoia time to test its towing' thread.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
You have to remember that the 9K is max weight, full tanks etc. Just fill your tanks at your destination and you can get some extra towing room.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You have to remember that the 9K is max weight, full tanks etc. Just fill your tanks at your destination and you can get some extra towing room.
Actually mine tows a hell of a lot better with 1/3 fresh water. My tank is located in the front. On the way back from Florida last October I winterized before I left and drained the tank...it was way bumpier without the water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts