Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know whether 2010 Sequoia SR5 comes pre-wired for a OEM Auto-Dimming Home-Link mirror?

PT374-34070 apparently fits 2009 models, but does it still fit on 2010 SR5 or would the new mirror with back-up camera display needed? (anyone know part number for that one?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing, just got a 2010 Slate SR5, and want to add the Homelink and back up monitor to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like 2007-2009 Tundra / 2008-2009 Sequoia EC Rearview Mirror with HomeLink will fit to 2010 Sequoia/Tundra, but it will require additional wire/jumper harness (p/n 00016-34012).

This "jumper harness" appears to be simple adapter cable converting the 14pin connector found on 2010+ models to the 10pin connector that the mirror has.

Connector uses just three wires:

14pin connector 12pin connector
#1 (black) #1 (black)
#2 (brown) #2 (brown)
#8 (red) #6 (red)

I would quess this new 14pin connector includes pins for the backup camera(?), so it should be possible to build adapter that converts the 14pin connector to two connectors for the "old" EC mirror and the old drop-down LCD monitor (?)

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
2010 DC SR5, I ordered through Spark's. It has the extra wire on site which is required for the install. Took about an hour by myself with the large over head console. Was a little tricky getting it all off by myself, but is possible. The instructions that come with it are great. The connection is already up there, just pull it out and plug the adapter in and snake it through the spot that is also already there. Works great. Definitely an improvement over the stock plain jane mirror. Jamie with Sparks can hook you up.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Sorry for extra post, but save the white foam wrap that is in the package and wrap your plug in it so that when you push it back up in the corner there is no possibility of rattles. It also tells you to wrap in foam tape, but i did not have any. The white this foam wrap worked great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for extra post, but save the white foam wrap that is in the package and wrap your plug in it so that when you push it back up in the corner there is no possibility of rattles. It also tells you to wrap in foam tape, but i did not have any. The white this foam wrap worked great.
2010 Sequoia SR5 with small console was really easy as the console just drops off after removing the four T20 torx screws. Took maybe 15 minutes to install the mirror...then another 30 minutes to try to get the HomeLink programmed.

Tip: if you have trouble getting the HomeLink buttons programmed, erase the memory on the mirror first (hold down 1st and 3rd HomeLink button for 20 sec or so until the light blinks) that seemed to enable the programming for me... Before erasing the memory I couldn't program any of the buttons, just got solid red light (not blinking) when trying to program the buttons.

Btw, instructions for the mirror install (on 2010 rig) have confusing picture with illustration showing two unused plugs (one for backup camera and one for the mirror), that's probably picture from old instructions as I only found single (14pin) unused connector...

This connector likely now has both backup camera and mirror wiring for the new mirror with the LCD monitor.... Does anyone know whether 2010 Sequoia still uses same part for the backup camera as 2008-2009 models? Then it might be possible to use the drop-down LCD monitor and camera for 2008-2009 models in 2010, with custom wiring harness that splits the new mirror connector to two... (?)

·
Registered
8 Posts
So are you guys just getting the mirror with Homelink? What about the monitor built in? I would rather have the monitor than the Homelink. Did you use the adapter harness to convert the 14 pin plug to the mirror, does the plug on the mirror fit in the back of the mirror or in the base of the mirror. Pictures would be great.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I can try and get pictures tomorrow. I did not try and order one with the monitor built in. In fact I don't remember seeing it on Sparks list, but it could be there. I have the mirror with the homelink and the compass and auto darkening. The plug goes through the notch in the head liner and down to the mirror. It plugs in on the top side of mirror and it comes with the slide cover that pops on and you slide it till it locks in to the groove in the headliner. Really easy install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So are you guys just getting the mirror with Homelink? What about the monitor built in? I would rather have the monitor than the Homelink. Did you use the adapter harness to convert the 14 pin plug to the mirror, does the plug on the mirror fit in the back of the mirror or in the base of the mirror. Pictures would be great.
Attached should be pictures of the adapter (00016-34012) and the EC mirror with HomeLink (00016-34011). On 2010 Sequoia SR5, I only had the 14pin connector, so the adapter was needed with this mirror.

Adapter cable plugs into a connector on the mirror base (black connector) and the white connector plugs to the cable above the console. Mirror comes with plastic cover that hides the wire going down to the mirror pretty nicely...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts