Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to show off some pics of my newly supercharged 2010 tundra! Hope ya'll enjoy! Tell me what you think!

·
Banned
444 Posts
Those Regular cab's are so sweet. Nice truck. put a small drop on it, and just looks nasty.

1. What part of la
2. Paint that TRD airbox, it makes the whole engine bay look better
3. what does that warning sticker say? I don't have that one.
4. 2x4?
5. you had a coolant leak, It's all over your supercharger hoses.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Like Cater said what part of La. and BTW that's a very nice truck. I can't wait to see you at the track with that thing, but wait till this fall it's to hot to run. I love those rims.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliment. I'm usually in and out of the Baton Rouge/ Gonzales area. Jason, I've actually seen you driving around the baton rouge area also, your truck is just sick with that body kit!

Carter:
2) I actually like the way the airbox looks... nice clean look
3) the warning sticker is just for my alarm system, nothing pertaining to the supercharger
4) my truck is a 2x4
5) as for the coolant leak, it happened at the dealership during the install, they probably had a little mishap. I did check for leaks though, everything checked out fine.

Is the intercooler on you guy's truck installed kinda off centered? I just noticed mine was centered a little more towards the driver side, it's not a big deal, just a lil pet peeve of mine i guess.

·
Registered
134 Posts
lovin the truck bro!!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Ultimate sleeper............

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Clean looking truck. Do you have the black interior? Can you take some pics if you do?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I'm usually in and out of the Baton Rouge/ Gonzales area. Jason, I've actually seen you driving around the baton rouge area also, your truck is just sick with that body kit!

Carter:
2) I actually like the way the airbox looks... nice clean look
3) the warning sticker is just for my alarm system, nothing pertaining to the supercharger
4) my truck is a 2x4
5) as for the coolant leak, it happened at the dealership during the install, they probably had a little mishap. I did check for leaks though, everything checked out fine.

Is the intercooler on you guy's truck installed kinda off centered? I just noticed mine was centered a little more towards the driver side, it's not a big deal, just a lil pet peeve of mine i guess.
My intercooler is off the side as well. As long as it works! I guess I'll see you around town then. Don't pass me up to fast. LOL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys! Gutz, here's a pic of my interior, I think all "sport"series tundra have the black interior.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
That is nice.. I have the Sport Appearance Package as well, but since mine is an 07 model, the full black interior was not an option. It'll soon be all black leather though. Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is nice.. I have the Sport Appearance Package as well, but since mine is an 07 model, the full black interior was not an option. It'll soon be all black leather though. Thanks for the pic!
No problem man, I would love to have an all black leather interior, but down here in Louisiana you'll damn near get 3rd degree burns sitting on leather in the heat of summer! Gutz, this is an off topic question but how do you have your powerstick ran? DId you still maintain the stock setting of "duals into single, running through a single powerstick?" I'm getting mine done tomorrow with true duals 26", 2.5" powerstick dumped before the axle. Let me know what you think, and if i should change anything up before I get this done tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Very nice and love the pics!!! If you like an all black interior then just a suggestion, how about a carbon fiber dash? Just a thought but you surely don't need it that's for sure. I wonder if TRD is going to continue with the SC in the following years and for the new model?

Have lots of fun and be safe!!!!! We want to see more pics of ya and your truck!!!

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
No problem man, I would love to have an all black leather interior, but down here in Louisiana you'll damn near get 3rd degree burns sitting on leather in the heat of summer! Gutz, this is an off topic question but how do you have your powerstick ran? DId you still maintain the stock setting of "duals into single, running through a single powerstick?" I'm getting mine done tomorrow with true duals 26", 2.5" powerstick dumped before the axle. Let me know what you think, and if i should change anything up before I get this done tomorrow.

I have a y-pipe into the powerstick, 26" length. I am actually thinking of the dual setup in the near future. My current setup is nice and I love it, but I want it even louder. Your idea sounds good, if anything, add and H-Pipe to your idea, should be pretty sweet. ;)

·
Banned
444 Posts
I actually almost like those sport pedals.

Maybe we all can get together at State Capital or No problem this fall.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Don't do duals................................... I did and regret it! Get a Y pipe into a single muffler like Gutz said. It's much better for your performance; or stay stock for the best bet! :tu:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well guys..... I got my true duals setup dumped before the axle with a h-pipe in place, and let me tell ya'll, I couldn't be more happy and disappointed at the same time. From the outside, it's everything that i'd hoped it would sound like, quite frankly, it sound bad ass! But from the inside, the drone is just ridiculous, almost unbearable. I have a migraine headache after driving home, from new orleans to baton rouge (about 45 minute drive). Performance wise, I haven't noticed any loss in bottom end like what some have claimed, (but then again, I am supercharged) but top end seems to be a little more peppier (60-90 MPH just pulled like hell). I'll probably give this set-up another week or so to see if I can get used to the drone. If not, I'm open for options from you guys. Oh, forgot to mention, I'm using two 26" powersticks, 2.5"

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Try putting on some resonators, I believe that's the name, from Classic Chambered Mufflers; supposed to eliminate the drone. If not, just do a single, should be fine. I have very minimum drone. :) Any pics of your setup now?

I am now second guessing doing dual powersticks...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the corsa sport single exhaust on my S/C tundra and its wicked at WOT and there is ZERO & i do mean ZERO drone! I can't believe how quiet it is on the interstate or at any speed while off the throttle. Its almost like it isn't running and I mean that without any exaggeration.

Under a bridge/underpass or a tunnel, when I rev or floor it, the tundra sounds like a beast

1 - 20 of 31 Posts