Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about 44 days I'll be on my way home from Iraq. My wife wants to get a brand new 4x4 v6 tacoma when I return. She wants the biggest cab with a short bed. With this website being blocked on out govt comps and having the WORST internet connection in our CHU's it is really difficult to do the research I need before we choose to buy. Can someone please fill me in on the pros and cons of this vehicle. With and additional question, is it possible to run 33's on the tacoma without a lift? Help is appeciated and I thank those who help in advance. Just and idea of how bad our net is: took me 6 log ins just to complete this post :mad:

:ts:

SPC Fitz

·
Registered
252 Posts
this has been sitting for a few days, so maybe if i reply, you will get better answers?

ok i just have a 5 lugger
but the double cab is very popular, and most go with the short bed

the long bed is kinda long and not for making tight turns in parking lots.
don't know think the 33 inch might be a bit much?

might send her to a toyota dealer and take a DCSB out for a drive first before you head back to the" land of the big PX"
might be dating myself on that one ;-(

sorry i culd not help much, but i have the reg cab 4 banger street truck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response Phantom. My wife has already taken one out for a drive, she LOVED it. Probably just as much as I loved the Tundra the 1st time I took it on the road. I had time to do a quick search a little while ago, a post said that the 2010 4x4 production was halted for a little while. Not many posts showed up when I searched for the 2010 Tacoma V6. Maybe not too many own one yet, or just havent posted about them. I just wanted to see if the Taco was having many recalls, or issues I should be aware of before the purchase. Once again, thank you for the input.

·
Registered
252 Posts
YEP THE TRUCKS WERE SHUT DOWN FOR A BIT ( THE "GAS PEDDLE THING")

the DCSB us quite popular. lots of guys have kids and such and nice to store some things inside .

ok there is a TBS ( not a recall) on the rear springs as they are weak.
comes from the factory with 3 leaf
tbs toyta service bulletin
replaces them with a 4 pack and on some models new shocks
the dealers usually require proof

so if you put a good load in the bed and drive around a bit then there is proof because of the bump stops will show it ;-)

are you going to do towing???????? if so get the two package ( yep expensive) but has a auto tranny cooler, oil cooler, heavy battery, bigger alternator and you COULD tow up to 6500 with it ( i think that is way too much myself)

the v-6 is a strong engine and the auto tranny i think is good and strong.
well hope this might help ;-D
sure you know about a PM
check your pm i am sending in a bit ;-DD

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think you can fit on a 33" without a lift. My own tires were the tallest I could get (265/75R16) and the overall diameter is listed at 31.9" on BFG's website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i purchased a 2010 tacoma quad cab long bed v6. i have had the truck about 6 mos already and love it. the long bed is a bit long but like have the extra bed space. i would highly recommend buying this truck. i love the way it drives, i love the way it handles. so far no complaints at all. i also wanted to say thank you for your service and all you do for our country its appreciated. Thank you Hooah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts