Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch a DVD on the NAV screen if the vehicle is in park with the parking brake up in this truck? I do not have the RES or headrest DVD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing as well. I bought my 2010 Tundra a week ago after owning the 2008, and the dealer says that I can take the truck to an aftermarket parts place and they will hook it up to a machine and override the safety features and enable DVD. I haven't yet been to one of these places, but I called one around my area and they said it's not guaranteed that they'd be able to do it, he'd pull his hair out trying, and he doesn't feel comfortable doing it, since it's illegal watch DVDs while driving. He said a wire would probably have to be grounded somewhere to get it to work. If it were an aftermarket unit, he'd gladly do it, but he won't mess with the factory system.

That being said, it doesn't seem like it's so easy to do.. everyone on the forum is talking about secret bypasses, etc.. so it seems that taking it to an aftermarket place to have this done is just "too easy". I would really like to get a solution to this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts