Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 4wd Tundra - When I let off the gas while going downhill the transmission will shift into a lower gear as if it is trying to slow the truck down. The revs jump up and it acts like an engine brake. Is this normal? I have never had a car do this.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have a 2010 4wd Tundra - When I let off the gas while going downhill the transmission will shift into a lower gear as if it is trying to slow the truck down. The revs jump up and it acts like an engine brake. Is this normal? I have never had a car do this.
I had a 2007 Tundra and once I got used to that feature ... I loved it. It is kinda like a "Mini Jake Brake" on a diesel.

You will really like your Tundra.

SOS

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree about changing the fluid earlier than 100k, that's bull. I know my truck is tough and those Toyota commercials are cool, but I tow and travel in central and South Florida folks. You have to drive like Mad Max down here and I do, "f" em.

I inquired as well at the stealership and you'd a thought I was asking for a lot, well they wanted a lot to change that fluid that's for sure.

By the way, I decided I would just do it myself (did it before on an 05' sealed as well) and they act like they don't even sell the AT fluid because, "sir it's a sealed unit, you don't need that done until 100k". I'm like, "are you efen with me? I bought a crap load of that fluid in Tampa". Blah blah blah. That's all they could muster.

Anyway I'm ranting bad I know. Just make sure you have all the exact size and depth sockets (metric) and for heavens sake don't unscrew the ""DRAIN"" bolt unless you planned ahead with the right amount of fluid. I say that because some people may just want to add fluid till it drains out the overflow hole, you know, to make sure it's topped off? Remember there are 2 drain bolt plugs down there! One other thing, to refill that bad boy is a be-atch, freakin make damn sure you have a means of doing that as well.

None of this applies to you old farts that can work on jet engines and design better rotors :D

·
Just Call Me Hank
1,415 Posts
"I agree about changing the fluid earlier than 100k, that's bull...."

HUH!!!???? Not sure what that has to do with the OP question about the tranny down shifting on its own to slow the truck. :noidea:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts