Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 4.6 L Tundra with 170k miles. I got the P0138 code for bad O2 sensor, Bank 1, Sensor2. Since it is the original O2 sensor I just replaced it without testing it since they are only expected to go 100-150k. Cleared the code and it came back the next day. Wiring looks good near the connector. I've read it could be that Sensor 1 is bad , that the coolant temp sensor has something to do with it, even the fuel pump relay is somehow related. Before I throw money and parts at the problem I was hoping others had succesful solutions. Thanks! By the way, where is the coolant temp sensor? Can't see it just looking around and can't find any diagram on the internet for the 4.6.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Seen a few threads on here that basically show the upstream sensor is actually what causes the problem with the downstream sensor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. SInce they are more expensive I didn't want to take a chance. But now I will. I'll update if it does or doesn't work.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I cant find the threads but I have seen guys post the part numbers on here. Seems like Rock Auto or Amazon are the cheapest places to get oem replacements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts