Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to two things with my tonneau cover:

1. Have a "bump sensor" that detects simple movement/tampering of the lid. I'd basically have some sort of sensor that breaks a connection if the lid moves a few millimeters, and ideally set off the alarm.

2. Have a door lock type solenoid fire when the alarm is activated (not just when the doors are locked). This would put a pin into the bed rail and activate when I hit the arm/lock button on the factory alarm.

I'm basically wondering, is there a wire that can be tripped/broken to achieve #1, and is there a hot wire for #2?

If it helps I do have the glass breakage sensor installed and had the alarm activated at the dealer. I've looked at a diagram posted here, but perhaps I need guidance on first understanding how certain wires go "hot" when the alarm activates, and help finding them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what type of tonneau cover do you have? It would of been a lot easier to achieve what you are looking for with an aftermarket alarm. They have shock senors and multiple channels, but it's possible with what you got. It all depends on the design of the tonneau. You could use a magnetic switch and tie it in with the door triggers, but you would have to diode isolate. There are many ways you just have to get creative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts