Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cranking truck and starting forward, between 2nd and 3rd gear, there's a loud click/double click heard and felt from under hood/front end. 2010 tundra has 5000 miles on it. Sound developed after a couple of weeks. Service dept says brake acutator priming brake system and is normal on these trucks. I had him get keys to new truck and show me. New truck smooth as silk. Couple friends have same truck with no noise. Any suggestions as to problem other than that of having a lame service department? [email protected]

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
1800 miles on mine and no noise (yet). Keep us posted and good luck.

PS If no luck with Dealer, try calling Toyota Corporate as I found them to be helpful

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That noise is the ABS self test. It happens the first time you reach 15 mph after starting the truck. If you use SEARCH there are at least 50 threads with the same question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the direction. I had my auto lock disabled and it seems this makes the sound more audible. It still ain't right, but I feel a little better knowing it's not a mechanical "problem".

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
thanks for the direction. I had my auto lock disabled and it seems this makes the sound more audible. It still ain't right, but I feel a little better knowing it's not a mechanical "problem".
Yep. The auto lock feature was intentionally timed to happen at EXACTLY the same time so that you don't hear the ABS self test.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Yep. The auto lock feature was intentionally timed to happen at EXACTLY the same time so that you don't hear the ABS self test.
and also you arent the first to bring up the fact that after the auto lock is disabled, u can hear it more now...kinda like if you are standing beside a busy highway and fart...who's gonna hear it? now fart inside a library thats quiet...yup. someones gonna hear it. same fart. same noise. just no other noise to cover it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts