Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a 2010 Tundra Crew Max 4x4. I am interested in having a lift kit installed. I am leaning towards a Pro Comp 6" kit. I am new to the lift kits so I have been doing some research on the internet. I see the Pro Comp kits are recommended by alot of people. Anyway I am thinking of the 6" lift with 35" tires. Does anyone have input on good tires for the truck. I will not be off roading with the truck, just looking for a tough looking cruiser. I am not sold on any kits so far so if you have some knowledge or experience with these kits/tires I would appreciate.

Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
So youre just trying to be a poser?

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
So youre just trying to be a poser?
I know quite a few. Its the "i got a big ole ford, chevy, dodge truck with a 6, 7, 8", ect. lift with 35, 37" ect. tires but my truck has never seen a dirt road and i only drive it to the mailbox and grocery store" crowd.:)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I know quite a few. Its the "i got a big ole ford, chevy, dodge truck with a 6, 7, 8", ect. lift with 35, 37" ect. tires but my truck has never seen a dirt road and i only drive it to the mailbox and grocery store" crowd.:)
whatcha you talking about wilis!!! Theres tons of members on this board like that....dont tread in your own background with that tone of voice :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pro comp kit is gonna LOOK great, just dont expect it to handle very well on anything more than one speed bump at a time, if that.

It sounds like that is what you are looking for though, so it may work for you. Lots of people running that kit, just dont ask it to do well off-road.

There are many other lifts avail. for the tundra that will greatly improve the offroad characteristics, to each his own.

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
whatcha you talking about wilis!!! Theres tons of members on this board like that....dont tread in your own background with that tone of voice :)
I dunno anyone personally on this forum so I wouldn't know I can only assume. But in my neck of the woods "I know quite a few". I only tread water if my truck and I can make it across. Then I'll tell the boys at the car wash what it's all about.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have a 2010 doublecab tundra and after researching a lot I went with the Procomp 6" and 35" BFG A/T's. 6 months later I still love it, drives very smooth. At first I was turned off when test driving a Tundra with this lift but it had Pro Comp mudders on it (M/T), it felt really mushy. My All terrains are alot less mushy than mudders. I guess my point is dont get mudders if you dont plan to go offroading and where you would need them. All terrains look tough and I do take mine offroading and they do great. They come with a 50k warranty, a big plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts