Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i did alot of looking around and decided to build my own subwoofer box and amp rack. After finishing it i had it sprayed with bedliner spray from a company called Hot Spray. I still need to clean up some of the wires but here it is.

Sub: Pioneer Premier TS SW1201S2
Amp: Planet Audio TQ1201D

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, if you are having a box sprayed with the bedliner make sure you fill the screwholes with puddy or chaulking before it gets sprayed

·
Registered
889 Posts
BTW, if you are having a box sprayed with the bedliner make sure you fill the screwholes with puddy or chaulking before it gets sprayed
I know exactly what you're talking about... after saw the pictures... :D

Nice build... does your CM has JBL system? Did you change the HU too?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still using the Stock non JBL head unit. I love the usb inteface that came with the truck and i like the clean stock look. I may decide to upgrade to a touch screen dvd system in the future but for now i just used the Scosche SLC4 line out converter and ran the remote turn on from the cig lighter so the amp only comes on with the ignition.

here is the link for the converter.

Scosche SLC4 Four-channel line output converter at Crutchfield.com

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
If that is a capacitor in your pick, I would think twice about using one. It caused me a year-and-a-half of electrical problems (batteries dying out early). Neither voltmeters nor testing by both myself, an electrician and even professional alarm installers could verify that this was the cause of my problem. But, needless to say, even the best batteries ended up dying after about 9 months of use... I don't think I'll ever install one again. Just keep an eye on it if you do use it... otherwise great build!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the first time i have used one. I heard the opposite about them, but in all my outer builds the lights always dimmed when the bass hit so i figured i'd try it this time. The good part is i have the cold weather package so the truck came with an upgraded battery and altinator from the factory.

thanks for the input i'll keep an eye on it and if i see problems i'll yank it out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The cap will certainly help w/ the lights dimming with the bass. I use them in almost all of the systems I have put in and never had an issue with any of them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The cap will certainly help w/ the lights dimming with the bass. I use them in almost all of the systems I have put in and never had an issue with any of them.
If you're running decent wire of a decent size to that particular amp, there is no need for a cap w/ the tundra electrics..

Either way it won't hurt... I have had Caps in my last 3 cars without issue..

Looks nice man, thump on -- And question... You running off the factory head? I see RCA's so it could go either way..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still using the Stock non JBL head unit. I love the usb inteface that came with the truck and i like the clean stock look. I may decide to upgrade to a touch screen dvd system in the future but for now i just used the Scosche SLC4 line out converter and ran the remote turn on from the cig lighter so the amp only comes on with the ignition.

here is the link for the converter.

Scosche SLC4 Four-channel line output converter at Crutchfield.com

Yeah still using the stock one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seat function no, leg room alittle about 4 clicks on the seat, if i take the grill off the sub i could probably get 1 -2 more back, that thing is huge. But it does keep the screws going in straight and I figured if I at 6 foot can still fit in there, then it should be good to go. It's not like i am driving Shak around or anything.

BTW: The reason the amp is so high is I plan on adding a mids and high one also when I get the rest of the speakers, so I left room for it under the sub amp because it is longer than the sub one.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
That box looks a lot like the one made (but never installed) for my truck. Mine is reversed though, the amp is on the side near the jack. I never put it in because I kinda got lazy and didn't feel like tearing apart the interior to run the wires. The box is just sitting in the garage. Maybe I'll get around to it, I have everything I need to do the job.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/122792-my-crewmax-subwoofer-box

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a lot of room under the side rails for the wires and the back panel comes off really easly.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Has anyone built a box that would fit in the armrest? Seems a 10"-12" sub could fit in the right size box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts