Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I changed out my stock Sylvania 40w fog bulbs today for some Nokya 45w yellow bulbs. Got the bulbs off eBay for about $25. The install wasn't too bad except the rubber splash guards were a bit of a pain to work around. I also had to use the red rubber O rings from the Sylvania's to make them fit. I posted some before and after's for your enjoyment. I like the look (different) and the beam/color spread is nice out on wet roads here in WA. Happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Not to be Debbie Downer...but those Piaa and Nokya bulbs will likely burn out in less than six months, even if you didn't touch the bulb during the install and get oil from your fingers on them. I had them in my old 4Runner, and got sick and tired of spending money every time I turned around on them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had Nokya bulbs years ago and never had an issue with them. PIAA on the other hand I replaced 2x under warranty and the last set went out just out if warrany. I trashed them and will never buy another PIAA bulb.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's odd to me. I had PIAA's on my FJ, even after I rolled it the headlights still worked!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
To the OP; although I'm not a fan of Nokya bulbs, the color you've got from your fogs does look good (to me).

As an option, you can easily modify a HB3/9005 or a HIR1/9011 bulb to fit in the Tundra foglight. Then you'll have 60-65 watts of light instead of 40-45.

Some options could then include the Hella H83165322 or Narva 98655 for a yellow bulb.

The push-pins in the forward fenderwell liners can be removed easily for fog lamp access with a pair of push-pin pliers.
These are the ones I use.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
To the OP; although I'm not a fan of Nokya bulbs, the color you've got from your fogs does look good (to me).

As an option, you can easily modify a HB3/9005 or a HIR1/9011 bulb to fit in the Tundra foglight. Then you'll have 60-65 watts of light instead of 40-45.

Some options could then include the Hella H83165322 or Narva 98655 for a yellow bulb.

The push-pins in the forward fenderwell liners can be removed easily for fog lamp access with a pair of push-pin pliers.

How do you convert those bulbs to work for your fogs?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Any issues with melting the lenses?

sent from my galaxy s3

·
Registered
427 Posts
You need to do the Anytime Foglight Mod and run them with just your parking lights...

my .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.