Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching these forums and have not found anyone with a 2010 Tundra Work Truck. I would like to hear some opinions and general info on this package. I am looking at a white 5.7 doublecab standard bed or long bed with tow package and work truck package. I am a landscape designer and I think this truck would be a great fit for me.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I saw a flat bed truck in the Toyota dealer near me. This is the first time I see the flat bed truck on the 2nd gen tundra... actually didn't see any Toyota flat bed truck for years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! That is an amazing deal. Did you have a trade in? Did you buy it used? Got any advice for me on getting a deal like that?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Wow! That is an amazing deal. Did you have a trade in? Did you buy it used? Got any advice for me on getting a deal like that?
I gave back my 06 DC and bought the new one, they had a deal goin on and I talked the guy down to get it at the price. Just talk normal to the guy and start talking about bringing the price down some. It worked for me so it should work for you.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That price sounds higher than MSRP. That's higher than my truck's MSRP and it's not even a work truck.
I know its crazy! They emailed me back and said $28,XXX after their $1000 rebate included. I wish this truck was at my local dealer instead of another state. The local dealer is offering $2,500 rebate. Do you think I could request exaclty what I am looking for? Would my negotiations be hurt if that dealer has to order a Tundra that is not on their lot?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Got my 2010 DC work truck 2 wheel drive 4.6L engine for $20,100. Eight grand off sticker price, ten days later it was smashed to bits. Was a good deal though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have been searching these forums and have not found anyone with a 2010 Tundra Work Truck. I would like to hear some opinions and general info on this package. I am looking at a white 5.7 doublecab standard bed or long bed with tow package and work truck package. I am a landscape designer and I think this truck would be a great fit for me.
Is this the DC that has a bench seat in the front instead of the console and bucket seats? I agree, this would be the one that I would buy when I'm ready to move up from my Tacoma.

I like the idea of more room in the front instead of the console and stick shift but these seems very hard to find on the lots

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am a proud owner of one 4.6 white vinyl seats rubber floor great for my needs what did you need to know?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am a proud owner of one 4.6 white vinyl seats rubber floor great for my needs what did you need to know?
I think you answered what I was looking for when you used the word "proud". Do you have any regrets to the options that were deleted? I actually found a work truck with power windows and locks. I'll probably be getting this Tundra dirty as $hit on the inside, do those vinyl seats and rubber floor wash well like they were designed to do? I know someone mentioned that they had no intermiade wipers and that they were shocked by that. I was just looking for other opinions like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you answered what I was looking for when you used the word "proud". Do you have any regrets to the options that were deleted? I actually found a work truck with power windows and locks. I'll probably be getting this Tundra dirty as $hit on the inside, do those vinyl seats and rubber floor wash well like they were designed to do? I know someone mentioned that they had no intermiade wipers and that they were shocked by that. I was just looking for other opinions like that.
the one thing that is harder than expected to clean are the floors, some of that is just bc if there was carpet it would hide easier as for the seats a breeze to clean and if i were to scuff them im not scuffing an overprices leather option. I havent been able to yet but all the things I want to upgrade ie wheels radio suspension wont be sitting in a pile that is worth thousands of dollars in the sticker at purchase. instead it will be maybe a 1000 and that extra money i saved will buy the wheels i want and a screen dvd cd player. My one regret is I wish I would have went with the iforce v8 not that i needed it but more aftermarket available. Mine as well has the power locks and windows with cd player. The other difference seems with the overhead compartments in the center seems the other models have a few extra areas. Hope this helps

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just bought a 2010 DC 4x4 Radiant Red with 4.6v8 Work Package
No carpet, high quality vinyl seats, ac, pw, pdl, nice radio, steel 18' wheels,
This truck was almost exactly what I was looking for. I did tell dealer for $30,000 MFR, the nicer wheels, cruise, bed mat or liner, etc. should be included.
I did get cruise. I put a set of black step bars on that look good with the black bumpers & grill, bed mat, window rain guards, bug deflector. I also put a set of chrome wheel covers on the gray wheels that look great but they offset the black trim too much I think. These wheel covers are the best I have ever saw, high gloss chrome, heavy duty, fit tight.
Final dealer price on truck $25,200. When I went to dealer & started talking to salesman, in less than 2 hours I was driving out in this truck.

So far I am extremely happy with this truck, I "lease" my truck back to my employer, & this unit should fit my needs. This is my 3rd Tundra (Still have 05 DC 4x4), & 6th or 7th Toyota
David

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Got my 2010 DC work truck 2 wheel drive 4.6L engine for $20,100. Eight grand off sticker price, ten days later it was smashed to bits. Was a good deal though.
OK, I'll bite. How did it get "smashed to bits" and are there any photos ???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts