Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright hear me out on this first lol... I am making a Dually out of my 2010 Tundra Silver Sky Met Crewmax. After seeing the one toyota made as a project truck it gave me the idea. Not that the project truck wasn't kool, but there are some things I would like to change, so I am. Right now I am dead in the middle of the project and waiting on the bodyshop and machine shop. I Have pics up to where we are now, and I will post more to come. I even have a couple part sponsers thank god... So far Toyota of Ft.Worth has been awesome helping me with tires, wheels, and tow mirrors and soon to be painted grill shell. Lucid Paint and body is hookin it up fat on all the paint, dually body work, making a roll pan (because no one makes a steel one for some fkd up reason), and shaving the tailgate handle. Nfamus Air Suspension did a clean job notching the frame and doing the McGaughys 4/6 drop kit. Last but not least RBP Rollin Big Power out of Cali is jumpin on board with a RX II grill insert and other cool gear. Here are the pics up to current status, thankx for reading the thread and post some love or hate at the bottom. Sorry the pics are on myspace.. when it's completed I will do a complete portfolio on here. Goto "Pictures" and then "2010 Dually Project"

MySpace - ?Almost Famous? (Official MySpace) - 22 - Male - WEATHERFORD, TEXAS - myspace.com/lastofthebreed02

First Day I got her and put HIDs in the low beams and foglights

After we did the 4/6 drop

2 12's Treo Comp with treo door speakers and 1400 watts poundin them

Alpine indash screen

View from the rear lowered

Mine's on the left My friend Ryans Sport Truck Cover Tundra on the right

After Tow Mirror install

Dropped Bed of at Lucid Paint to start body work

Front view lowered with HIDs

Clean Notch Install from NFamus Air Suspension

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You leaving the diff? extending the lug bolts?
Aesome project.... can't wait for the finished product....

Maybe Toyota can take some notes, and develop a true diesel hauler...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Wow that is certainly a first! Good luck man that dually will be one of a kind.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Of all the things you did, the debadging is what surprised me. figured you want everyone to know it's a tundra

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah we took off all the badges excpet the 5.7 badge. I want it to be the truck you keep taking second looks at lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and yes using factory rear end and extending the studs for the adapter

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eventually we'll do the 24'.5 inch semi conversion, but now we're trying to make it look as factory as possible

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
never seen anyone actually extend the two mirrors...much less when nothing is being towed hahaha they kinda look silly extended :) but keep us updated on the progress

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
That will be awesome for sure!!!!!! Nice truck you have there! My AirRide guy is trying to talk me into doing the same! We would swap the rear though with a chevy rear end if attempted.

FYI..They do make a steel roll pan for the Tundra. I have one, but will not be installed until rear AirRide is complete. It is made by Carriage Works and is great quality, BUT the end caps are fiberglass.

Your friend has not sold his truck yet huh? I seen it for sale in several different places. Awesome truck! I see you did your subs like his. Do you guys have a mold for that by chance? Or can someone make me one?

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
I don't think I'm ever going to understand you guys. You're as much of an enigma to me as women are.
LOL..Its our hobby..I have a daily driver which is a truck that I just drive. My Tundra was bought to modify..Everyone has a hobby, mine just happens to be my Tundra, which I can still drive too, and not just keep in a house somewhere so no one can see my hobby like most hobbies can be. I have a rollin' hobby! :D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
LOL..Its our hobby..I have a daily driver which is a truck that I just drive. My Tundra was bought to modify..Everyone has a hobby, mine just happens to be my Tundra, which I can still drive too, and not just keep in a house somewhere so no one can see my hobby like most hobbies can be. I have a rollin' hobby! :D
if i had had the money back in the day i would have had a lowered dually. in high school i really wanted a early 90s (was new and the thing then) GM truck, ext cab half ton long bed phantom dually (with teh dually fenders and wide mickey tompsons on 15 inch rims haha) slammed to the ground...still like the look of those....

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Look forward to seeing more pics. From what I've seen a dually tundra would look pretty sweet. Now just need a sick diesel under the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
good luck with your truck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah i knew about the carrage werks rollpan but we are shaving it in, so we're using one off of an 07 silverado and cutting the crap outta it lol. thank god for the parts sponsors for helping me make this happen, as for the system I don't have a mold or anything for the sub box, but a lot of stereo shops are doing something simular to that setup pretty easily. you from TX marky?

1 - 20 of 182 Posts