Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 tundra with the black dash. Everytime I try to armor-all the dash, it just smears and leaves streaks. Is there some kind of special formula I need to get a clean, shiny dash?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
722 Posts
I haven't found an "over the counter" product as good as Aerospace 303 for applications like yours. Marine supply stores always carry it,the Aerospace Staingard is great too but harder to find.Last time I saw 'em both in one store was at a Salvos Auto Parts. Type it up on the Web,it's been around for a while.Be careful about wanting a "shiny" dash, sun-glare will screw-up your visibility, bigtime.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you don't want to order stuff online, get the TurtleWax Ice Interior detailer. Works great IMO. It is kinda pricey at $8 but I've gotten more than a few details out of it and I've even had the lid come off and spill like half of it haha. Smelled good....

-rockstate

·
Registered
270 Posts
Meguiars leather wipes...yes the leather wipes, they work great for me!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Thats your first mistake, youre trying to armor-all the dash. Have you noticed the texture of the dash? Its not meant to be shiny. Aerospace 303 is the perfect stuff for the dash, but it wont be shiny if thats what your after.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Auto Magic Magic Dressing. Put in on with a sponge, wait, wipe off excess with microfiber towel. Shiny is not a good idea up there and will eventually cause the dash to crack. Ask Ram owners, Hummer owners and any classic car dash. Armor all is terrible. Magic Dressing will give it a little luster and make it easy to get the dust off without being greasy!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I agree that it's not a good idea to look "shiny" but I used an armoral interior product (can't remember which 1) and it gave it the "wet" look, which is what I like. The dash seems to need alot of spray though.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I have used 303 on dash, tires, all rubber seals for almost 20 years. Really works. Kept my motorhome tires from cracking for many years.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Meguiars interior wipes have worked well for me thus far. You can find them anywhere if you have a hard time finding that other stuff. Armor All was always too greasy for me, it always seemed to turn the dust into oily dust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Novis Cleaner, blue and white bottle. It works great. leave a natural look and won't damage interior or dash.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I use wetwipes... yes, the kind you clean babies faces and hands with. And it works at keeping the dust amount level down on my dashes! :D

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
422 Posts
voodoo - I have the 2010 black dash also - I dont know if its the same as other years.... it's really rough to the touch. I have the same problem - armorall and the like products don't cut it. I now just use warm soapy water and a dish rag - get all that greasy crap off and just let it be clean and streak free. Just make sure you wring your cloth out real good so it's not too wet.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Mike -

Give the Eagle One Nano-Protectant Vinyl & Leather Cleaner a try and see if it helps.

I used 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner and Eagle One Nano-Protectant Vinyl & Leather Cleaner.

The 1Z gives good smell.. but I like the Eagle One Nano more. It doesn't give a shiny look...

I use the Eagle One Nano to clean the leather seats... work great.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Damp, white cotton terry cloths. Only clean in the shade as well.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
wet microfiber cloth. shiny or wet look should never be on these dashes. ever.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Auto Magic Magic Dressing. Put in on with a sponge, wait, wipe off excess with microfiber towel. Shiny is not a good idea up there and will eventually cause the dash to crack. Ask Ram owners, Hummer owners and any classic car dash. Armor all is terrible. Magic Dressing will give it a little luster and make it easy to get the dust off without being greasy!
Learned that one the hard way on my 02 dodge. Used armor all on the dash and it craked down the middle after two years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts