Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Just bought my new Tundra, great truck... first Toyota and really enjoy it.

So question for you folks, ready to do my first oil change. Going with Mobil 1 I think unless I get feedback that says otherwise, also being told you can go 5000 miles from the dealer but others say you can go 7500 miles easily on Mobil 1. Any Feedback or thoughts on this ? Thx in advance >>>

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can get the extended mileage mobil 1 and go up to 15K assuming you aren't in harsh conditions. i've been using it for a few years without problems in all my vehicles. they all stay well below 15K and aren't treated rough, so once a year for me.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You definitely can go longer than 5k. However, don't do it during your power-train warranty period. If you have an engine problem, you are asking for trouble. Follow the maintenance schedule and keep records of all your work.

I run Mobile1 and I still change every 5k. At 60k I might up it a bit, or not.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
I change my every 5k even if i use extended. Remember to read DIY post on oil change before you start, little bit different than the usual oil change atleast i never done one like my tundra before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts