Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2010 Crewmax a few weeks ago. I'm sure this has been talked about on here before.
I don't understand how to shut off the trac and the VSC all the other bs stuff. Its like I can't even slide my truck around a corner. I have read the owners manual makes no sense. Please help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 08 and the procdure for turning off all the (nannies) as they are called is - Hold the trac control button down for a 3-4sec count then release it and you should see the little truck on the left side of the dash that (looks like its doing a burnout) lit up and the vsc also lit up along with the red lsd light lit. Hold the button down again for another 3-4sec and the lsd light will go out. There you go no more stupid throttle interference every time you slip on a stone pulling out. Just pushing the button for the first 3-4sec count will leave the auto lsd on. As far as Im conserened is worthless unless your stuck in snow or mud. Even then its marginal at best. These trucks need locker diffs in them. lets hope someone comes out with one soon. Try that thats how it works on the 08s and I think the 07s are different not sure about the 10s though. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you guys deal with the snow and this? Or even the Mudd. I'm use to being able to hit the gas and get wheel spin. So do these trucks suck in the snow or soft driving condtions?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was quite pleased in the snow. The traction control is really really good getting the vehicle moving. The auto-LSD locked the non-traction wheels and just pulled through the mess. Its far from "suck" in the snow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No they dont (suck in the snow) They are just not as good as a true locker axel that is offered buy the other manufactures. Auto LSD works through the braking system, when the wheel sensor senses one wheel spinning more than the other it starts to apply the brakes to the spinning wheel so that the power is sent to the opposing wheel. It goes back and forth and can heat the brakes up real quick if your stuck in 2 or 4 wheel drive. Where a locking axel has an internal locking mechanisim inside the front and rear differentials that locks both wheels when one slips. Thats true 4 wheel drive. My 06 4x4 silverado is better on hills in the snow. It makes it up hills without 4wheel drive where my yota will not without 4wheel drive being engaged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased 2007, reg-cab, 2 wheel drive,5.7L, standard bed, new in May of 2007, currently 20,000 miles I didn't find any pleasure in the new attempt at traction control and VSC but it is a pleasure to drive other than the above. I solved my problem by intalling the following:

Auburn Gear true limited slip differential ( Jegs part# 109-5420134 Pro Diff Toyota 10.5" 46T and reused my ring gear

Had wheel hop from spinning on paved and unpaved roads and installed (Summit Racing part # Lak-21720 Traction Bars for Dodge, Ram Pickup
1500/2500 made by Lakewood Industries) Problem solved! Had to bend the mounting brackets, make shims and purchase longer bolts 3-1/2".

The VSC-OFF switch snaps out and has four pins with the two inside wires for the light and the two outside (white with black stripe (W-B) and yellow (Y)) to turn OFF the VSC/Traction and you cannot connect these wires on a toggle switch as it will reset after 40 seconds or so.

Purchased the following from Allied Electronics made by Macromatic (Interval Time Delay Relay; Part # TR-60526-8pin
Accessory hold down spring Part # 70166
Socket, Relay;Screw Term Part # 70169-D
Connect 12V/DC from a power source that is turned on by the ignition switch and set the relay for 4-5 seconds delay and connect the white and yellow (two outside pin wires) to the load terminals. When you start the vehicle the relay is on for the time you set and then breaks the circuit with
VSC turned OFF. Traction control is still on. You don't need to install the relay for the Auburn Gear posi-trac to work as everything is normal and works without it.
I now have posi-traction all the time and the truck is a pleasure to drive.
I did the install and parts were about $1200. No more alarms and brakes
grabbing wheels.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2010 Crewmax a few weeks ago. I'm sure this has been talked about on here before.
I don't understand how to shut off the trac and the VSC all the other bs stuff. Its like I can't even slide my truck around a corner. I have read the owners manual makes no sense. Please help.

If you want all nannies off on a 2010 (I can't remember which light is which)

press button for 1 sec and see light on rightside of display

press & hold for 3-4 sec and another light will light up on leftside of display

press & hold for another 3-4 sec and you'll have 2 lights on leftside and 1 on right will be off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts