Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 with the stock XM radio. Here's the question:

I am installing my AVIC-Z2 and adding the Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM receiver. The problem is the stock Tundra XM antena has a square plug... the GEX-P920XM has a round plug... is there a known convertor from the square stock antena plug to a round pioneer plug??

Seeing as how the stocker is on the roof and drilled for the cable... the Pioneer antena cable exits the side of the antena, unlike the stock that exits the bottom of the antena.

I have been googling & I'm about x-eyed at this point!!!

Thank you,
David

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well......... since I couldn't find any adaptors to go from the Pioneer XM tuner to the stock XM antenna... I modified the antenna!! :D

I took the stock antenna off of the truck... took it apart and tossed the guts aside... I then took my Pioneer antenna apart and put the guts into the stock roof mounted antenna housing! NOW.... with some time... A LOT of patients (and cussing) I cut a slot through the antenna housing base with a Dremel and a cut off wheel, JUST wide enough for the antenna wire to slip through. If no... you have to 'try' to get the connector off of the wire (with out breaking it) and pull it through. It can be done... just have to take your time. I kept the old parts... just in case. But if I ever need to change it again for any reason... the slots there... no fuss no muss... By the way, the little 1/2" square ceramic 'end' of the stock and Pioneer antenna are the same size, so it fit like it was made for it... NO MORE FADE OUT UNDER TREES!!! :becky: AND... only 1 antenna on the truck!

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts