Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , just got my girlfriend in a 2011 rav limited , found out after the fact that 4 wheel drops out at 25 mph ..... my fault for not researching prior .... is there a reason for this ? She drives 70 miles one way to work is why i wanted 4x4 , had i known this i would have put her in a tacoma . Im not knocking the rav , great little truck but dont understand why toyota would do this. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rav is fulltime all wheel drive, some with center diff lock making it "4-wheel drive". The diff lock is only intended to get unstuck or prevent getting stuck at low speed on slippery surfaces. As most people who drive 4x4 know they do handle differently cornering and tight space maneuvering while in 4x4. Rav is CUV not a "truck" although insurers class it as a truck. Toyota recognizes that Rav owners want car ride, drive and handling not truck like.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Recently purchased same vehicle(3.5L 4WD). I believe a good set of tires matched with some common sense behind the wheel will take me about anywhere ground clearance allows. JMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts