Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a Western HTS plow to my 2011 RW TRD Double Cab. I want to know if anyone would recommend doing anything to the front end of the truck for the additional weight. I wanted to get some insight whether I should put the Bilstein 5100's in the front or not.

Also, I will be putting some weight in the back when plowing. Any suggestions on how much to put back there?

I will be plowing about 3-4 driveways for myself and family. I just want to make sure that I have the best setup before hand.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Rockstate has a ranch hand which added a bit of weight to the front and he runs an OME kit. I am sure he will chime in but I do know they have different springs for the front that handle the added weight of a plow or brush guard. I would check out OME.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Depends on how much the plow weighs. OME makes heavy duty coilovers for trucks that have extra weight on the front such as replacement bumpers and plows. Only problem with your setup would be that I'm guessing you plan to take the plow off when not in use? If that's the case you would have a stiff ride in the front when not loaded. If the plow isn't too heavy then you could probably stay stock since you're only doing a small amount of plowing. The front end will sag a bit so you should measure before and after to see how much you have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
you need 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
^^^????? He has a RW.... never heard of one of those in 2WD

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had f-250 with 8' fisher and it HAD to be in 4 wheel to go plow anything. I would not want to beat my tundra up plowing. my 2cnts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well there's your problem... F-250 ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked up the approx weight on the western site and it says 412lb. Not sure if that helps with anyone else to chime in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts