Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're in the market for a minivan and while the 11 Odyssey will be coming out soon, I can't help but notice that many of the controls in the console are still very well below eye-level and easy reach. The new Sienna looked very good and we like the easy access to buttons and controls, but we did not drive it. Any impressions? Any concerns? Any good/bad points you can make or things that we should watch out for that you may think are of concern? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't own one, but did just have one for two weeks and nearly 5000 miles as a rental. It was a 2011 LE V6. I really liked it. We have a 09 Venza and I am considering a trade for the Sienna (or a used Sequoia). We averaged about 24.5 mpg round trip from OH to AZ and back. The best tank was 26.2 and the worst 18.9 (in town in Vegas).

My favorite features vs friend's 2009 Odyssey: Front room leg room, position of shifter, rear seat move on tracks allowing for tons of room if you only have 4 or 5 people.

What I didn't like so much (pretty minor): 1) The head lights have an DRL mode and on mode, but not auto like my Camry and Venza. If you turned the lights on in the rain, some of the things on the dash were hard to read. This may just be the way this one was equipped. 2) no power outlet easily accessible for the 2nd row (that I saw anyway). 3) Driver door back door can't be opened when you are getting gas 4) Rear air couldn't keep the third row as cool as I would have liked in 120 degree AZ heat, but that probably is every van/suv since we went in the middle of July.... (it worked great when it was under 100).

Overall, very nice and I was happy with it. For a minivan, it has good looks. Kind of Venza like in the front and Sequoia-ish in the back. Plenty of power and good amount of room. Lots of features standard even in LE trim (alloy wheels, power sliding doors, etc).

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Our 05 Sienna got wrecked so we need a new one. SIS in law has a 2011, we checked it out and the interior seems to be assembled of lesser quality materials than the 05. Fitment and accessories still very good but leather grade and plastics thinner. We will probably get a 2011 ltd sienna very soon. we had an XLE previous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts